Ferries To Bohol

Thomas
Posted
Posted

But where would you recharge the electric bike when away from home on another island? I bet that will be some expensive electricity! The range on electric bikes is not that good even if you are riding slow enough to be a hazard to motorized traffic.

Yes, they are slow, but not much slower than maximum allowed speed at many Filipin highways   :)

Well. I haven't checked them, but I suppouse they can be charged in ANY common electric contacts, so I suppouse no problem finding people interested in earning a few pesos.

IF I buy an electric motorbike and plan to drive more than localy, I will probably buy an extra battery. At least in some types, the batteries can be replaced easy by unlocking it with a key.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thomas, you should research them thoroughly. If you run them at their maximum speed, they won't go more than half their advertised distance. The faster you go, the closer you are to pushing the bike. I also think their top speed is going to be suspect due to advertising  as many motorcycle speedometers are off. Around the neighborhood, they probably beat walking. I seem to recall a company that made an electric motorcycle with a top speed of 70 miles per hour but still fairly short ranged. I believe they cost about $7k US. I believe the company's name was Vectrix. I see they also make a scooter wich the reveiwer found to have a max range of 25 miles [55 miles advertised] and could limp another 5 miles from a full charge. This for a $2,000 scooter with a battery that needs replacing after 300 charges and costs $300. You can get a better battery that has 3 to 5 times the charges lifespan but it's going to cost. the electric scooter weighs about twice what a regular scooter weighs at 430 pounds. I presume the cheaper China electric scooters have less weight, less performance and less range and don't come with regenerative brakes. Also cheaper price, but I would doubt they could make a round trip of more than 20 miles at half throttle, maybe 15-20 kph, on the flat with not much of any hill. Not something I would bother taking island to island. 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas, you should research them thoroughly. . 

Vectrix. I see they also make a scooter wich the reveiwer found to have a max range of 25 miles [55 miles advertised] and could limp another 5 miles from a full charge.

(( IF I will buy one, it will be just as complement to a car.

I suppouse they have different capacity if the driver is a 40 kg Filipina, than a 100 kg foreigner    :)

• Like 1