Play It Cool Or Direct Approach?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

My mate had a good opening line, he would say on meeting the girl, I don't know whether to ask you to lunch or just take you home to bed, seems it worked on quite a few occasions. Tread your own path

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hey El, a country men of yours was telling me his favorite trick was as mentioned before just get some cards with your name and cell number on them, he says he got 80% success rate doing this, but first do ask the girl if she is single and don't always take the answer as gospel, good luck gringo

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

just get right to the point

Always worked for me.  But its HOW you gt right to the point that matters.

Example:  I'm sorry that I keep looking at you but I find you so attractive.  Can I just give you my number so you can think about it for a while.  If you text me then we can chat.  (Then say goodbye and walk away)

Result:  Over half the time she is texting me within 15 minutes.

Example 2:  Walk up to a girl who is texting.  You have your phone in your hand.  Ask her if she is "insert any name here"  Explain that you were supposed to meet that girl here and it was a blind date so when you saw her texting then you thought she may be the one you were to meet.

Result:  Works at least 75% of the time.

Of course if everyone else is trying the same lines then they are not going to work so well.  Be original.

Well, well, well........Dave is finally giving out his trade secrets.  I personally consider him our forum

casanova because he horn dogs all over the Visayan island group.  

But he does it with style and grace: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/19025-foreigner-price-in-camotes-for-real-this-time/#entry119823

He's the Man.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well Big El,

I have a feeling that you have already knocked them dead, no matter where you go.  I wonder if you

have the same problems like the two famous playboys below.  You do have similar features and style.

You can play it cool and be direct.  I have never been in that position -- how does one feel when you

are surrounded with beautiful ladies?

post-686-0-26745200-1406615990.jpg

Who loves ya baby.......

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Don't be too subtle. Remember she is using her second language.

I once got into frightful hot water, and was labelled a "racist" by someone who I thought of as a friend, because I posted a comment to Rappler agreeing with an article by the President of Filipino Freethinkers in which she pointed out that satire does not work in the Philippines, because of the "top down" nature of society and the educational system. Seems a Filipina could say that but I could not.  

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many guys who are married used lines like these - and how many of those guys have wives who tease them about their "romantic" ways...   I don't know...  Maybe it's just me but I'd rather be with someone who is smart enough to know the difference.  Then, again, I've had some pretty good times with lines like these along the way...!

:mocking:

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
    I smile here just now, I wish I had 10 piso for every time I hear this. You know, the more you think about coming, the more Restless you will get. Maybe, we will raise a glass or two around Xmas.   For now though, please save and save, no doubt

Will do and let's hope so! But I usually take my time with these things.

My mate had a good opening line, he would say on meeting the girl, I don't know whether to ask you to lunch or just take you home to bed, seems it worked on quite a few occasions. Tread your own path

Hehe, not exactly my style.

Hey El, a country men of yours was telling me his favorite trick was as mentioned before just get some cards with your name and cell number on them, he says he got 80% success rate doing this, but first do ask the girl if she is single and don't always take the answer as gospel, good luck gringo

Not a bad idea and much more my style. Have done something like that before.

Well Big El,

I have a feeling that you have already knocked them dead, no matter where you go.  I wonder if you

have the same problems like the two famous playboys below.  You do have similar features and style.

You can play it cool and be direct.  I have never been in that position -- how does one feel when you

are surrounded with beautiful ladies?

attachicon.gifTelly Savalas or Ving Rhames.JPG

Who loves ya baby.......

I have never done too bad in the lady department but I wouldn't say surrounded by beauties by any means. LOL

Don't be too subtle. Remember she is using her second language.

I once got into frightful hot water, and was labelled a "racist" by someone who I thought of as a friend, because I posted a comment to Rappler agreeing with an article by the President of Filipino Freethinkers in which she pointed out that satire does not work in the Philippines, because of the "top down" nature of society and the educational system. Seems a Filipina could say that but I could not.  

Yes, it is the same here in Mexico, you have to be pretty direct sometimes.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Here is a point. You have a flying start, in assimilating to Filipino culture,  because the "Spanish" element in Filipino culture is actually Mexican. The Philippines was administered by Spain as a province of Mexico. The Manila Galleon sailed annually to Mexico with Chinese silks and porcelains and returned with Mexican silver dollars to buy more. The Church was run from Mexico and you will immediately recognize that the religious rituals are distinctly Mexican (including the Day of the Dead).

You will feel right at home.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is a point. You have a flying start, in assimilating to Filipino culture,  because the "Spanish" element in Filipino culture is actually Mexican. The Philippines was administered by Spain as a province of Mexico. The Manila Galleon sailed annually to Mexico with Chinese silks and porcelains and returned with Mexican silver dollars to buy more. The Church was run from Mexico and you will immediately recognize that the religious rituals are distinctly Mexican (including the Day of the Dead).

You will feel right at home.

Yes from all the pictures and information I have gathered I can see that. Even the language has many similar words. IE Gwapo in Spanish is Guapo etc. It is another big reason the Philippines holds an attraction for me.

You also see similar poverty levels here (not as bad as there though I think) and many cultural similarities just in how the people behave. Also the same views of race here, while lighter skin seems to be some what preferred here all races are accepted but no skin lighteners. For the most part foreigners are pretty much smiled upon too.

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised that nobody suggested to just be yourself yet...! No matter where I was on this planet, I always found that was how I did my best on meeting somebody new...

• Like 4