Mestiza, Tisay Or Chinay?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Yes, the classic "Mestiza" look, much favoured in models and movie starlets. If the young lady is American-Filipina, like the reigning Miss World, we say she is Tisay, and if she is Chinese-mestiza we say she is Chimay.

I never said I was snubbing the non-Mestizas.  My wife is a morena so it is in my best interest not to But I am an equal opportunity oogler   and that's about as far is it goes because Mestizas (for the most part) are too high maintenance.

The above quotes pointed out some interesting differences and brought out some good points that really got me thinking. 

Of the many types of Filipina beauties there are what is your preference or favorite? I may have missed some types in the title of the thread but those are just the ones I could remember.

Also are there some types that you stay away from or don't recommend because they are perhaps too snobby or high maintenance or maybe even just have disagreeable personalities because they feel "entitled"? (the whole "I'm pretty and I know it and you may or may not be worthy of me" type)  :10001:

Looking forward to your responses as usual guys.Thanks in advance!  :thumbsup:

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

All i see is the difference between City girls Vs Provincial girls

The color difference is hardly a factor to most expats although it is a big deal to the locals 

If your dark you must work outside and be poor 

Another thing is what we as foreigners see as beautiful is not what most local guys see as beautiful

I have heard many local laugh that the foreigners come here and marry the ugliest girls 

As for my favorite girl Cebuanos are the best looking IMO all the mixed blood has produced the most beauty in the country  

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

All i see is the difference between City girls Vs Provincial girls

The color difference is hardly a factor to most expats although it is a big deal to the locals 

If your dark you must work outside and be poor 

Another thing is what we as foreigners see as beautiful is not what most local guys see as beautiful

I have heard many local laugh that the foreigners come here and marry the ugliest girls 

As for my favorite girl Cebuanos are the best looking IMO all the mixed blood has produced the most beauty in the country  

I have heard these excellent points many times. From all the photos I have seen I have to agree that Cebuanas are very beautiful and some of the most sought after. Does anyone know which bloodline mixtures produced this effect?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I like Rottweilers and English Staffordshire terriers the best.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I like Rottweilers and English Staffordshire terriers the best.

:hystery:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

there was a movie several  years ago mid 1980's about a man from hong kong who "got" the most ugliest girl. 

turns out she was the most attractive,

here is the link to that movie.

BORN TO GAMBLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNS4cds5M0E

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As with others here that have married a Pinay, will tell you,  You have to see and be a part of their Culture to get the Full picture. You can if you are silly enough, buy from a Catalogue. and to me just at this time, I feel that this, is what is happening. I have found that the prettier the lady is, the more problems arise.

All through our lives, we are taught that there is more to beauty than looks. It is what is in the inside, that matters and this is not what you can find out from Pictures

Sure there are 000's of really Pretty ladies, in the now, 1,000.000 Population but until you meet the one, that suits you, life is going to be just, a Merry- go- round.

Many cultural differences are apparent from island to island but reading about them and taking advice will not yield,what any of us were looking for. meeting her on her own Territory, will bear the fruit ( One way or the other)

" You can take the lady out of CEBU or MINDANAO, but you just can't take the places out of the lady"

Put them on a Different Island and further Problems will arise.

My Opinion Only but I have seen this happen. they change their outlook on LIFE.   So for me ( and again) just MHO. 

Seek and you will Find but personally is best

The Mrs Right, will still be here when you eventually arrive! :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
All through our lives, we are taught that there is more to beauty than looks. It is what is in the inside, that matters and this is not what you can find out from Pictures   Sure there are 000's of really Pretty ladies, in the now, 1,000.000 Population but until you meet the one, that suits you, life is going to be just, a Merry- go- round.   Many cultural differences are apparent from island to island but reading about them and taking advice will not yield,what any of us were looking for. meeting her on her own Territory, will bear the fruit ( One way or the other)

Yes I agree 100%. While getting advice in advance can guide you and prepare you somewhat, there is no substitute for actually meeting and getting to know a person.

However some of the advice that we get can help us to know some of the more favorable ponds to fish in and the types of fish that are more favorably looked upon.  :thumbsup:

Edited by El Negrito

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I am a bit confused about the title - chimay is a slang word for maid (at least among the Tagalogs).  Chinay might be the appropriate term for a Filipina of mixed Chinese ancestry, but even that I can't be certain of.  All I know is that Chinese-Filipinos have come to be called Chinoys. I can't say I've ever heard a Chinese-Filipina called a Chinay to her face, but going by the way Filipinos delineate by gender, then the term fits.

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted (edited)
All i see is the difference between City girls Vs Provincial girls   The color difference is hardly a factor to most expats although it is a big deal to the locals    If your dark you must work outside and be poor

I agree with ceburocks on the difference between City and Provincial girls in attitudes. The provincials being more traditional and not as greedy. (just my opinion)

He is also spot on about the color. Darker = lower class. Recently, my wife's family was watching a beauty pageant and there was a girl from the Angeles City area that was African mixed. Very sexy, petite and thick bodied. The comments I heard ranged from pretty to sexy. She did not make the finals as the lightest skinned ones were favored by the judges. 

Online interaction is easily deceiving and can't substitute actual physical interaction (body language). I would go with what you are attracted to first.  Then do some "sampling" and determine if the hearts match the wrappings.  No need to rush, too many good ones out there to just jump on the first "positive" result.

There are great women everywhere, I would not look in the bars or anywhere that foreigners frequent. The mall is a great place to people watch and meet people.

Think of it as the most important job interview in your life...

Edited by jon1
  • Like 2