Must Be That Time Of Year!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, SAO and I have parted ways.  Yet again, I managed to find a woman that wants more kids, and I don't.  It all came to a head when I was in hospital last week following some follow-up surgery for the recent health issues I've had (all clear again by the way, the original issue had spread to my liver it turns out, but was caught early thankfully - was discharged last night after a week long holiday with some very ugly nurses).  I think the health issues acted as more of catalyst and put things very sharply into focus for me.  It was a joint decision in the end though.  I'm saddened but relieved at the same time and know it's for the best for both of us.  To her credit, she's already transferred me back the money I spent on the house etc, but not surprising given the person she is.

Philippines is still my goal so I'll be back on the horse and on the usual dating sites again soon and I'll post my adventures as they happen :dance: .

I hope to visit PI in January so I'll stop by Cebu and catch up with all you lads there <looks pointedly at Frosty, Medic Mike etc>

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear you guys split up. Hope you will find someone special next time.

• Like 3

popeye72 
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that. Better to split now if you want different things though. I've been there.

You did the right thing

• Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear about that Brett ,being the man you are I am sure there is a lovely lady out there for an honest decent man .cheers mate

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that you have split, if you are in Cebu any time I am always up for a beer, good luck in the future, one thing about the Phils there are lots of gorgeous woman here.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Sorry bro.  :23_11_62[1]:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Me , bob, Brett and others, this isn't as easy as it looks. It will all turn out ok in the end though. May we all have better luck next time.

• Like 5

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

sorry to hear that brett , i know what its like trust me , sometimes it can get really messy and bitter at least you both split on good terms , its hard when you really care for somebody invest so much time and $ and emotion and its just not too be ! but hey life moves on , now its time for you to take care of yourself get healthy again and get back on that horse ( thanks Brock ) i have to do the same thing as well , its not easy but we can do it ! i got your back brother ! all the best and take care

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Yet again, I managed to find a woman that wants more kids, and I don't.

That is one big drawback to filipinas.  Most want kids.  Here's hoping your future is bright.

• Like 4