Must Be That Time Of Year!

robert k
Posted
Posted

I'm going to try grabbing one of those at the airport that Jack Peterson was talking about. :thumbsup: Not really but I am being met at the airport and see where things go. :)

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good work that man!

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ha ha! Good luck! And remember the standing advice about being met at the airport by someone you have only "known" on the Internet:

1. don't be too surprised if she is not there

2. her brother/cousin/whatever may well be the husband/boyfriend/whatever... 

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Ha ha! Good luck! And remember the standing advice about being met at the airport by someone you have only "known" on the Internet:

1. don't be too surprised if she is not there

2. her brother/cousin/whatever may well be he husband/boyfriend/whatever... 

Yeah, one already wants to meet, with a chaperone lol.  

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

the FB status change I was flooded with offers of numerous sisters, cousins, family friends etc.

I have seen this happen many times. 

Why not enjoy the fishing and do a lot of catch and release? 

K and I have had a sticky patch, due to stress over the absurd UK visa requirements, in the course of which I changed my FB status for 48 hours - the disagreement actually lasted for 19 hours, but I did not get round to changing my FB status for another day, as she is that rare thing, a Filipina who seldom looks at FB (and who does not want more children).

I got two offers to "line me up" with friends, complete with photos, and, luckily after the 19 hours was over, a serious expression of interest, from a lady whom I would indeed have been interested to hear from, were I footloose and fancy free...

Which I am not.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Actually, I feel pretty good about being met at the airport as we have been chatting online for some time and I have already told her she is NOT what I am looking for but she wants to introduce me to her niece who I have also been chatting with. There has also been no requests for money. Then too, if they don't show up, all I am out is an hours time of which I have plenty of because I'm not going back to the US unless business requires it.

• Like 3

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

sorry to hear your woes ...........  good luck for the future ............ as they say, when your down, theres no other way but UP!

cheers

Ashanti

• Like 4

palu
Posted
Posted

Brett, I do know it's a disappointment, but there are still many lovely filipinas out there who don't want children. I know, just joined CB and being flooded by woman who don't want children (and I would love to have one). Back in the game, wish the judge would sign the annulment soon. :cheersty:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Sad to hear Brett but as everyone above says, you sound like a stand up guy and as seems, so was your girl. Good luck for the adventure ahead ...

I'm actually a tad jealous because I have my girl and you my friend will be living my fantasy of a few years ago - lucky dog. Mind you, I'm not disappointed in my choice :)

(Out of curiousity what is "CB" a few have referred to above?)

• Like 1