Husbands That Go Crazy With Their Money

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I wasn't referring to your post, I was referring to what I read on forums in general.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Handbags. What is it about most Asian women and expensive handbags?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Thanks Old........I read that and winced..........and my wallet shivered, I can relate to that

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Asian women? I haven't met many women worldwide that don't like handbags. Mexican women are shoe and handbag crazy! I should know, me and my late wife made a living off of it.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
 Well, at least not in the same level of bling-bling I noticed of many Filipino couples showing off their BMW's and Mercedes.

The cars might not be theirs. My nephew just bought a new Honda TMX 125 for 4,000p down and 3,000p a month for 2 years. An earlier post here, someone went to a bank to see a list of repossessed cars. He was told to bring in a ream of paper as there was more than 30 pages. 

I saw a picture of my niece standing beside a BMW. Found out later, she was in a showroom. Do not believe everything that you see.

Last month, we met a Filipino couple who came to talk to my wife. Within 45 seconds, he told us of his 32,000,000p house in Cebu, that he flies 1st class, and has 4 cars. Later we saw them at Burger King sharing a small fries. Later we saw them barbecuing hot dogs.

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted

The handbags were the major expenditure for friend #2. Just think of the most famous high end brand in the world - and then figure the potential costs.

Again my friend has the money - I suppose. But still - it's hard to imagine.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is a society that loves to show off - for "face". They cannot help themselves. It is an evil combination of Asian "face" and Latin "bella figura" type showing off.  This is compounded by the deep social insecurity of many Filipinos.

It is all very silly but it is not going to change. Facebook allows people to pretend to be much better off than they actually are, so it has got worse.

There is another aspect too, which is that the old foreign husband or boyfriend loves to give his young Filipina wife or girl friend money, because it makes her happy, so very often he gives her much too much.

Unfortunately it is very often the only thing about him that makes her happy; her love goes to her Filipino "sideline" guy, to whom she is giving most of the money that her foreigner is giving her. She rationalises this as her "sacrificing herself" for her "true love", and the guy just takes the money, brags to his barkadas and screws her when he feels like it.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Within 45 seconds, he told us of his 32,000,000p house in Cebu, that he flies 1st class, and has 4 cars. Later we saw them at Burger King sharing a small fries. Later we saw them barbecuing hot dogs.

Maybe he is the Filipino George Jefferson, movin' on up but still got some of that ghetto in him.  :mocking:

• Like 2

Scruffydawg
Posted
Posted

It's crazy Mr Koors has it figured out

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
The handbags were the major expenditure for friend #2. Just think of the most famous high end brand in the world - and then figure the potential costs.   Again my friend has the money - I suppose. But still - it's hard to imagine.

Maybe he is buying her knock offs and not telling her? I have seen some really goooooooooooooooood knock offs.  :lol: