Husbands That Go Crazy With Their Money

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

my basic feeling is that guys (and their wives) can do whatever they want with their money. It's theirs and not my business.

I reluctantly agree.  Reluctantly because I have had to decide to end friendships with foreigner friends who go crazy with letting their wives/gfs spend money like drunken sailors.  Why?  Because my gf sees it all and hears all the bragging and becomes discontented with her lot in life.  She does not say it all the time but her actions say: " She gets to spend all that money foolishly so why can"t I?"  Of course the answer is that not everyone has that amount of money to flaunt but it eats at her so I choose to put distance between the extravagant spenders and my little household.

It is sad to me because the girls who get so much money to spend are usually the ones we hear putting down their benefactors and often seeking out sideline romances.  Its almost like proving you are rich means taking on a lover.  But that may just be my own observation with the half dozen couples I have seen in that type of relationship.

I think it may also be because young men spot a woman, married to or living with or receiving money from, a foreigner and spending it liberally, and they identify her as a "target".

They can get laid AND they get to have money spent on them, because as we all know a Filipina loves to spend money on her man, buying him clothes, etc. And they can justify their actions in screwing the wife or girlfriend of a foreigner as part of their patriotic duty as a Filipino!

The wife or girlfriend who acquires a "sideline" does so because men have been buzzing round her like flies round a honeypot.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 5

Americano
Posted
Posted

In the USA about 50% of marriages end in divorce and most divorces are due to money problems so I think this gives you a good idea of what will happen to these marriages.

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)
Listen to me and don't ask questions.

I hope I can post this video because this comment reminds me of it. Are Filipino arguments like this?

PS Sorry but I changed the link because the other more Hi Def vid had a link for another website and I wasn't sure if that was ok. Just a funny vids site but still better safe than sorry.

Edited by El Negrito

jon1
Posted
Posted

In the USA about 50% of marriages end in divorce and most divorces are due to money problems so I think this gives you a good idea of what will happen to these marriages.

This was the number one topic of discussion between my wife and I before we got serious in the dating. She is actually quite frugal and laughs at the people that "have to display" what they have (on FB) as they really have no clue. I know of 2 couples like this. One woman likes to keep photos of her inventory in her FB albums and the other likes to display all of the high end stores that she shops at in the Middle East. I see it as too much time and no money sense. 

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

It's insecurity and it's not just confined to Filipinos. It shows more when that person had been deprived most of their lives.

One should spend on what he or she needs and not on what can be afforded.

But hey, people were not made the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

One of the others is high educated and her family is rather powerful. She is - to much    - interested in me, but I doubt her family want her to marry me at least if they see my birth certificate     She is nice, but has to bad logic thinking, so we don't suit as married anyway.

Highly educated but with too bad logic is from the memorized education system. Listen to me and don't ask questions.

Very true. This is due to the power distance being large and to the shortage of educational materials.

Yes such school "pedagogic", plus something we are not allowed to discus here  :)   (=religion)

It's insecurity and it's not just confined to Filipinos. It shows more when that person had been deprived most of their lives.

One should spend on what he or she needs and not on what can be afforded.

But hey, people were not made the same?

And that ADD an other type of insecurity  :)   (=criminals see what there are, which they can steal).

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
And that ADD an other type of insecurity     (=criminals see what there are, which they can steal).

Yep, that's exactly what I said. Very foolish to post for the criminals to see. I even read that if you are going on vacation never to post that because then criminals know when you aren't home.

• Like 1