The Most Overlooked Characteristic Of Who You Want To Marry ( Credit To The Author, Kevin Thompson)

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

you covered the subject nicely

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting this for us to consider.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

In many relationships the partnership works because one person is a 'giver' and the other is a 'receiver'.  It may mean there is a young filipina who has a care-giving personality and an older, foreign partner who is grateful for that care.  To the outside world it looks like a great relationship and it is, until the care-giving partner gets sick.  That's when you find out there are no perfect relationships.

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

In many relationships the partnership works because one person is a 'giver' and the other is a 'receiver'.  It may mean there is a young filipina who has a care-giving personality and an older, foreign partner who is grateful for that care.  To the outside world it looks like a great relationship and it is, until the care-giving partner gets sick.  That's when you find out there are no perfect relationships.

Sometimes it don't end up as expected.

((My grandmother (from a neighbour country to Sweden) was rather much younger than my grandfather. When my mother was teenager, she heared my grandmother talking with a woman friend about what would happen to her after grandfather die. It ended up with grandmother got long time ill. grandfather took vare of HER many years, and she died 12 years BEFORE him...   (He became 95.)

My parents were together until death but a few years before the first one died my two sisters were worried about our mother saying, "father is 8 years older than mother so what will mother do when he dies?  Our mother died in May 1980 and our father died in September 1997, which was 17 years and 4 months after our mother died.  This and many other stories prove that you can not know if the husband or wife will die first based on age.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

You can only surmise what it may be like till it happens.

My Mother dreaded the thought of when my Father retired, she died before he did (cancer).

When I met my late wife, I thought it more important for me, the bread winner to be insured, she died of cancer aged only 42 yrs old.

Bringing our nine year old daughter up on my own was no easy task, but when put to the test you either sink or swim.

• Like 5

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Nice post.  I've always viewed it as 'giver' and 'taker', but I like your wording much better :)

• Like 4