The Most Overlooked Characteristic Of Who You Want To Marry ( Credit To The Author, Kevin Thompson)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You can only surmise what it may be like till it happens.

Life really is a gamble to a large effect, We are all born ( No matter how Rich, Poor, what ever Class? ) with a hand of cards. It is up to us how we play that hand. Some Tricks we win, Some we lose. Decisions can go both ways and 9/10 times we make the wrong decision, this is where the real test of life comes in. How we deal with the Outcome of a bad decision.

The man that has never made a mistake in his life is either a Lier or he has done Nothing with his life. 

9 of 10 wrong ??!! IF so you have to be a bad card player    :)

Some wize man  said  (roughly translated) :

Stupid people don't learn by own misstakes.

Clever people learn by own misstakes.

Wize people learn by other's misstakes.

I prefer the last   :lol:  

((But I'm a gambler, like the thrill, so AFTER checking what other people have done, I take CALCULATED risks. I like challenges too, so if most people say something is impossible, then I check if I think it CAN be possible, and if it can, then I - try to  :)   - do it ,   If I wouldn't like challenges, I probably wouldn't plan to start a company in Phils   :mocking:     BUT an other reason is it would be nice if I manage to build a company, which my wife and kids can live ok of after I'm gone.  A third reason is if work can be offered in the family business, then the kids don't need University/College exams, so no cost needed for that   :dance:        IF several in family-in-law need work, I PERHAPS will try to solve it by assist them starting and build an OWN business.  (No big investment.) IF they mess up, I can use that as argument when discussing assistance...   :)     (But the presumtive father-in-law has been promoted to section boss rather fast (in building) so if someone of them has skill for economy, they have good chance to succeed, if they get start capital enough to be small contractor.)

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

A wise man said....

No matter how sucessful you are in life, eventually (with age) most of you will end up peeing your pants and not remembering your childrens names!

I was that man :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
lonewolf
Posted
Posted

My sister was unlucky in love... The men in her past all turned out to be bad choices... Until a few years ago. She met a man at work and it was a reasonably short engagement followed by 2 years of her being the happiest I have ever known her to be. He doted on her! He passed away after 2 years of marriage from pancreatic cancer. What we didn't know was that they were aware of the cancer when he first proposed... When asked if the 2 years were worth the suffering, she has a one word reply... Yes!!!

goes to prove there is hope in the world
  • Like 4

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Thats awesome bob....a good two year "dash" referring to the famous poem "The Dash" if you never read that poem.check it out.its simply put what life is all about in my opinion

• Like 2

Julia
Posted
Posted

My sister was unlucky in love... The men in her past all turned out to be bad choices... Until a few years ago. She met a man at work and it was a reasonably short engagement followed by 2 years of her being the happiest I have ever known her to be. He doted on her! He passed away after 2 years of marriage from pancreatic cancer. What we didn't know was that they were aware of the cancer when he first proposed... When asked if the 2 years were worth the suffering, she has a one word reply... Yes!!!

awwww, Bob! thank you for sharing their great love story... made me teary-eyed now as I speak...

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

thanks for the post, it's the inner qualities of the person that count and not so much the outer layer the beauty which we are all attracted to

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

thanks for the post, it's the inner qualities of the person that count and not so much the outer layer the beauty which we are all attracted to

Nice Standard thought, stick to that thought and none of us will go far wrong   :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2