Dash Cam Article

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
One Question I keep meaning to ask is, does anyone know, if the results of these videos would be 'Admissible' in a Court of Law here?

As a follow up to Jack, even with the cam what would happen? If murders caught on CCTV get probation for killing a foreigner how much would a cam recording "owned" by a foreigner be worth? Now I am not saying don't get one!!

A little tounge in cheek here but food for thought

MikeB
Posted
Posted
As a follow up to Jack, even with the cam what would happen? If murders caught on CCTV get probation for killing a foreigner how much would a cam recording "owned" by a foreigner be worth?

All the more reason to have a true record of what happened so that it never gets to a courtroom. That's my thinking but I'm not trying to convince anyone.

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

If murders caught on CCTV get probation for killing a foreigner how much would a cam recording "owned" by a foreigner be worth?

CC the file to the press ;)

Edited by deevey

MikeB
Posted
Posted
CC the file to the press

Not a bad idea but even the 3 minute files are almost 300mb at 1080p, far too big to email.

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not a bad idea but even the 3 minute files are almost 300mb at 1080p, far too big to email.

I heard about this trendy new site called youtube that all the cool kids seem to be using  :cheersty:

Compressed down to 720p and you could get 40 mins out of that 300mb without too much loss of quality, I have yet to witness that much improvement in 720 and 1080 video when it comes to dash cams.

Hell bad cell phone 3gp video is still being relied on in plenty of cases old and new and enough to get the press talking.  

Edited by deevey

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I heard about this trendy new site called youtube that all the cool kids seem to be using  Compressed down to 720p and you could get 40 mins out of that 300mb without too much loss of quality, I have yet to witness that much improvement in 720 and 1080 video when it comes to dash cams.

I have heard of youtube but I was replying to your post, "CC it to the media". I took that to mean email.

I changed the res down to 720p/30fps and got the 3 minute recording interval down from 288mb to about 161mb so a little smaller, and I agree 720 is fine for this so I'm going to leave it at that setting. I used some free editing software to chop the 1080 video and managed to get a 4 second segment at 3mb. Not much you can do with 4 seconds though. Email would be my preference but, in practical terms, current technology doesn't seem to support it. I'm a novice so if someone knows otherwise feel free to correct.

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have heard of youtube but I was replying to your post, "CC it to the media". I took that to mean email.

I was just being a smart ass ;) ... but uploading the file to youtube and sending the link to various sources would probably be one of the most practical ways of "getting it out", the police would need the original un-alterered recording anyhow. 

But you could just send a copy via DVD or flash drive to other parties (not by Philpost or it might arrive by next year). 

Edited by deevey

• 3 months later...
Robin Roles
Posted
Posted

I just recently got my Dashcam, i bought a cheap one from OLX for 1000 pesos.. It didn't last long at all! In fact the heat melted the lens lol..

Anyways after researching many places for the cam, in heat and at night.. i found a cam call .. looked really good so bought one!

I must say! Wow! they are amazing, dons get effected by the heat, nice vision is AMAZING, i bought the 

Heres where i got it if anyone is interested, these things can save a lot of hassle and trouble out on the roads!!

Link:
So far 4 days using it and everything is perfect, wide angel lens catches everything in front!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I just recently got my Dashcam, i bought a cheap one from OLX for 1000 pesos.. It didn't last long at all! In fact the heat melted the lens lol..

Anyways after researching many places for the cam, in heat and at night.. i found a cam call .. looked really good so bought one!

I must say! Wow! they are amazing, dons get effected by the heat, nice vision is AMAZING, i bought the 

Heres where i got it if anyone is interested, these things can save a lot of hassle and trouble out on the roads!!

Link:

So far 4 days using it and everything is perfect, wide angel lens catches everything in front!

Excuse me but if you want to advertise your business we have advertising rates. Paying for advertising is what makes the world go around. Placing sneaky posts to a site you own will get you booted.

Get it.