Safest Town Or City

hocoa
Posted
Posted

It would make this site a lot better if there is a Search box...anyway, trying to find the latest statistics-based five safest town or city in the Philippines, looks like it's never discussed in this forum yet, anyone know the answer?

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is a search box... Main forum page, top right corner. With drop downs to select what you wish to search.

As for the safest towns or cities? I can tell you that Davao is considered the 4th safest city in the world by Numbeo for the last 2 years running. They also list 4 other Philippine cities in their ratings. But how they compare to other cities? And towns? I have not seen that information...

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Hi

try looking  in the top right hand corner just below the contact us and FAQ

cheers

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hehe! Since I usually use my phone to read on here, I rarely see - and forgot- the search is on every page... Oops!

:D

hocoa
Posted
Posted

Thank you bob & lyno, now I see it (I need to sign in for it to appear).

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You get a better search result selecting google site search

post-1-0-41072300-1420271602_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

As for the safest towns or cities? I can tell you that Davao is considered the 4th safest city in the world by Numbeo for the last 2 years running. They also list 4 other Philippine cities in their ratings. But how they compare to other cities? And towns? I have not seen that information...

From what I observed there, Bob (where my wife's family id from-that area-actually Digos City)-it certainly seems safe. Their mayor keeps a close eye on the bad guys (drugs, etc)... also they are the first city in the Philippines to adopt the 911 emergency call. Little or no fireworks also from what I hear.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I think that the idea of a safe place in this country (other than a really really expensive subdivision with serious guards - and even then you may be murdered by a neighbour who enjoys "impunity")

is cloud cuckoo land.

Much violent crime is opportunistic and not uncommonly related to shabu. How often do we read of people who have lived peacefully for many years and who are then brutally murdered in their homes?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
anyway, trying to find the latest statistics-based five safest town or city in the Philippines, looks like it's never discussed in this forum yet, anyone know the answer?

Of course that statistics based data is only as good as those collecting the data and reporting the data.

I did a comparison of crime statistics for Baguio to my small mid western home city in the USA. Baguio, per capita, appeared to have a lower violent crime rate.

It perhaps is much easier to identify the cities and/or areas of cities that have higher crime rates or risks. Along with identifying those things which decrease your risk for being a victim of crime and what you can do to better protect yourself.

For example if you are a nasty drunk or involve yourself in shady businesses then your safety decreases dramatically.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

All statistics are only as good as the data entered... with that said, how reliable do you think any city in the Philippines is providing statistics?

• Like 2