Safest Town Or City

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Maybe I lived too long outside my own country, so safe to me means (small towns, not big cities);

1. You don’t see beggars or homeless people on the streets.
  2. Snatching is unheard of.
  3. The few cases of robberies are committed by outsiders (not local residents).
  4.  Gun control is strictly enforced.
  5. Virtually no one was ever kidnapped for ransom.
  6. Insurgency (NPA or Muslim) is far, no reason to worry.

Just my two cents …

You may find this in small towns of under 10 people but not sure of #6.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Maybe I lived too long outside my own country, so safe to me means (small towns, not big cities); You don’t see beggars or homeless people on the streets. Snatching is unheard of. The few cases of robberies are committed by outsiders (not local residents). Gun control is strictly enforced. Virtually no one was ever kidnapped for ransom. Insurgency (NPA or Muslim) is far, no reason to worry. Just my two cents …

Most (if not all) would be true of Marinduque.  I just cannot make a comment regarding gun control because I honestly don't know if it's ever come up as an issue there.  As for beggars, I've seen two, but they had disabilities.

• Like 1

hocoa
Posted
Posted

u don’t see beggars or homeless people on the streets. Snatching is unheard of. The few cases of robberies are committed by outsiders (not local residents).  Gun control is strictly enforced. Virtually no one was ever kidnapped for ransom. Insurgency (NPA or Muslim) is far, no reason to worry. Just my 2 cents.

:hystery:  :hystery: Sorry My friend, For one moment I thought we were talking about the Philippines :rolleyes: But..........

JP :tiphat:

LOL....

hocoa
Posted
Posted

Maybe I lived too long outside my own country, so safe to me means (small towns, not big cities);

1. You don’t see beggars or homeless people on the streets.
  2. Snatching is unheard of.
  3. The few cases of robberies are committed by outsiders (not local residents).
  4.  Gun control is strictly enforced.
  5. Virtually no one was ever kidnapped for ransom.
  6. Insurgency (NPA or Muslim) is far, no reason to worry.

Just my two cents …

You may find this in small towns of under 10 people but not sure of #6.

10K you mean? That's small indeed.

hocoa
Posted
Posted

Maybe I lived too long outside my own country, so safe to me means (small towns, not big cities); You don’t see beggars or homeless people on the streets. Snatching is unheard of. The few cases of robberies are committed by outsiders (not local residents). Gun control is strictly enforced. Virtually no one was ever kidnapped for ransom. Insurgency (NPA or Muslim) is far, no reason to worry. Just my two cents …

Most (if not all) would be true of Marinduque.  I just cannot make a comment regarding gun control because I honestly don't know if it's ever come up as an issue there.  As for beggars, I've seen two, but they had disabilities.

Thanks MacBubba, will check this place.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Thanks MacBubba, will check this place.

Safety was certainly the top consideration for us when we were looking for our retirement home.  However, if one is looking for city amenities - in terms of shopping, great medical care, night life, one might need to look elsewhere.

The island is pretty laid back, and the people are as well.  They are well-mannered and friendly, and generally very helpful.

• Like 1