Blacklisted Question

To Giang
Posted
Posted

To Giang

As promised, this what you have to do,  BI CLEARANCE CERTIFICATION  The directions and form are downloaded from there.  In your friends case you might have submit it if you are in the Philippines. Not sure how to check if you are not in the Philippines.

The form looks like this except for bottom part not shown here in picture. 

attachicon.gifbi request.jpg

Many thanks Jollygoodfellow for the clarification on this issue. Yes I'm working here in the Philippines so no problem with the application. From the article in BI website, what I understand is that I have to file for BI Clearance prior to my friend's flight to the country (?).

So now at least I know how to avoid 100% the blacklist name similar issue with that clearance. But for the checking purpose, it's still very frustrating. Let's say I have a friend group of 10 persons wanting to visit me, so I have to request fof 10 certificates? And it costs 5,100 Peso w/o express fee. How come it's so inconvenient to check for the blacklist, it really frustrates tourists wanting visit the country. A lot of my friends encountered this issue already.

And it someone just knows his name appears in the blacklist upon his arrival (and definitely not him). Any solutions for that? Sorry for many questions.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

To Giang

As promised, this what you have to do,  BI CLEARANCE CERTIFICATION  The directions and form are downloaded from there.  In your friends case you might have submit it if you are in the Philippines. Not sure how to check if you are not in the Philippines.

The form looks like this except for bottom part not shown here in picture. 

attachicon.gifbi request.jpg

Many thanks Jollygoodfellow for the clarification on this issue. Yes I'm working here in the Philippines so no problem with the application. From the article in BI website, what I understand is that I have to file for BI Clearance prior to my friend's flight to the country (?).

So now at least I know how to avoid 100% the blacklist name similar issue with that clearance. But for the checking purpose, it's still very frustrating. Let's say I have a friend group of 10 persons wanting to visit me, so I have to request fof 10 certificates? And it costs 5,100 Peso w/o express fee. How come it's so inconvenient to check for the blacklist, it really frustrates tourists wanting visit the country. A lot of my friends encountered this issue already.

And it someone just knows his name appears in the blacklist upon his arrival (and definitely not him). Any solutions for that? Sorry for many questions.

I will see if I can get a clarification on how to check outside the country or before entering. Might take another couple of days :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I will see if I can get a clarification on how to check outside the country or before entering. Might take another couple of days   

And here is the only answer I got.  :)

Dear Sir,

Your authorized representative here in the Philippines may process and secure the said certification if you are not in the country.

Thank you.

-KEGC

post-1-0-36382800-1421280978_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
thrdchance
Posted
Posted

if one was denied to enter the coutry upon arrival due to similar name in blacklist,
Don't the Philippines have any BIRTH data in the Blacklist to SEPARATE people with same/similar names???

IF they don't have, it's a big risk I can be stoped, because I have a rather common name   :mocking:

See "Immigration Administrative Circular No. SBM - 2014 - 001; Perscribed Periods for Lifting of Entries from the Blackliste, dated 4 February, 2014"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Remarkably, Siegfried Mison has addressed this. After many many complaints on Hits at NBI and Border control he instigated the ARP (Alien Registration Programme) to alleviate much of this. Once you have Registered for the ARP Programme and we have till Sep to do this, you are given a unique number, this is your Number and it is Stapled in the front of the Passport and it is then checked at the Passport Control if a problem arises, it will then clearly shown who you are. If you get  Black listed after your ARP then this will be a new reason.and you may no doubt have deserved it.

I know we all moan about the BOI but they really are trying to get the whole thing sorted.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2