Owning Home Cost

robert k
Posted
Posted

Thomas brought up the 800 pound gorilla in the room, you can't own land. You can own the structure on the land but not the land. Ever see a house moved? It can be done but usually isn't for practical reasons. Home owner associations... I have heard of a few foreigners who have fallen afoul of their HOA, most reported paying for absolutely nothing, while others report paying for a system inimical to them, for instance when the foreigner complained of a overloud party against HOA rules and he experienced a mob. Sorry, I can find enemies without having to pay for them.

Well.   (Besides condo assosiations and such.)

/in LAW point of view that's NO problem. It can be solved by land and house is separated, if there were not allready, and then the foreigner own the HOUSE, and get a long term LEASE the land 25 + 25 years (to start with).

/But some with CORECT documents - both foreigners and Filipinos - have been SCARED away from their houses by threats.

Thomas, condo associations especially! There are condos that are a few years old and need paint which they are not going to get because owners don't want to pony up. In subdivisions, it's far from unknown that the treasurer absconds with the accumulated dues set aside for larger projects.

• Like 1

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Nice to know..hehe..ok dont complain about parties.join em..got it ;),,,,, thanks for info ...thanks Thomas Rob and meth

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
In subdivisions, it's far from unknown that the treasurer absconds with the accumulated dues set aside for larger projects.

HOme owner associations are notorious. My brother in law, who is with his daughter in the states now, owns a home where it seems most of home owners no longer live there, they rent them out, the renters don't pay the fees so maintenance is poor, they closed one of the access gates (cant pay enough guards). Just the way things are here sometimes.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

HOme owner associations are notorious. My brother in law, who is with his daughter in the states now, owns a home where it seems most of home owners no longer live there, they rent them out, the renters don't pay the fees so maintenance is poor, they closed one of the access gates (cant pay enough guards). Just the way things are here sometimes.

:unsure: This I find Odd, Surely the Owner is responsible for the  Dues owed to the Association whether he lives there or Not.

To me you divide the Years dues and then put a months dues on the Rent each Month. If all owners did this then the Money would be there. Should the property be empty, tough the owner will still have to pay his dues to the Community, after all it is HIS house.

Seems that these people need teaching how to run an Association and/or Sub Division Committee.  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

sjp52
Posted
Posted

In one subdivision I was renting in, 70 % of owners did not pay their dues. Pool sat empty needing repairs.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In one subdivision I was renting in, 70 % of owners did not pay their dues. Pool sat empty needing repairs.

:rolleyes:  illustrating my views on Educating a Committee. Was a reduction in Rent offered for no Pool? :no:

Sub Division Rules are part of the Sub Division Permission to Operate from the City & Provincial Administrations and can be enforced Legally.

OH! if only, we were allowed to Partake of these Things. :1 (103):

Renting out a House in a Sub Division that is not operating properly is contravening the Lease Agreement But........... There you Go :bash:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
This I find Odd

Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack :bash: . Did you wake up and bump your head this morning??? :1 (103): . Of course its odd,,,,This is the Philippines :hystery: .

But we both know what the court systems are like, the HOA would have to go to court to get the owners to pay up and we know how long that would take. And even if they did get a judgement, the owners would just go down and get a temporary restraining order to stop it while they run to the supreme court. lololololol.

I sometimes think that the motto of the Philippines is really "lets live for today, for tomorrow we may die".

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack  . Did you wake up and bump your head this morning???  .

Not really No, I just get so Fed up with My Wife getting Phone calls from the local HOA's to Help them Collect moneys owed ( She is a CPA that Majored  in Communal accounting) when a Lot of this situation is down to them from the beginning. The majority of Committee members want the position but want to do FA, Hurt them where it hurts, in their Pocket, Make the HOA Responsible for shortcomings. You would see a Difference then I can assure you.

Rant Over :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Rant Over

:thumbsup:  I hear ya brother, I hear ya

RBM
Posted
Posted

Interesting and often quoted.

How does one prove he owns the house, perhaps when building have receipts in your name, building permit?

My insurance office informed me today, if the house was in my name I could expect difficulty ever a claim was made, example fire.