Our Home

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I know what we have paid so far , but remember we are not putting any walls upstairs its staying that way till we move over to stay, down stairs is nearly finished, except kitchen units and a proper work top, 

The land we did not pay for, so total cost so far is just over £13000 or $19043 at todays rate, or 845000 peso, if the rate was 65 peso to the English pound, hope this helps,

Plus we have some great builders too and that does help A LOT

• Like 2

Petey
Posted
Posted

Your house is coming a long great. Good to see you have compitent builders and a foreman.

We should of invested in buying a Lot and then have a house build, but connections here are limited so we went through a developer ( biggest mistake ) and nothing but hastle and stress.

I'm happy things are working out for you and hope it becomes your dream home :cheersty:

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Nice house SteveWool, My wife really likes it as well. I was wondering if it was possible to get the information of your Crew chief, manager so that we might have a talk with him in July.  We are torn between a couple of Ideas but after seeing your pics, I especially like the terrace myself. great sunsets and sunrise views. How much land does a house like that require?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Again thanks for the nice comments,

Things are slowing down now we are being told, there are only 3 workers on site finishing of the work, so it could take a little longer, we are in no rush at all as we are not living there,

The biggest advantage we have had well two really is Ems dad being on site all the time and buying what is needed, then there is Roland he is the foreman,

He gave us a fixed price for what we was wanting and he has stuck to it, yes the time has gone over but as he says he is wanting done properly too,

We have changed things along the way and like any builder they dont like change and if we wanted the change to happen  it did cost us more, but the job was done the money exchanged and it looked better too,

Would i have done it any difference, YOU BET I WOULD, try to be there when its being done and plan , plan and PLAN again before you build,

If anyone is interested and remember the foreman lives in Marikina area and he is willing for us to give out his number i shall have no problems giving to anyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

The last pictures, now the workers have finnished what we wanted doing, The next time we are going will be new years day hope it will look just like the pictures then

post-2574-0-99016600-1431772603_thumb.jp

post-2574-0-81175700-1431772609_thumb.jp

post-2574-0-03788700-1431772616_thumb.jp

post-2574-0-98835700-1431772641_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Hi I was just interested in the price for what you got, it looks great!  The 845,000 was that labour and materials as well?  If so great value.  The only thing I was wondering about was peoples concerns with the drying of the cement?  What is the issue there what should be done to make sure its correctly treated so that you get the best strength?  I'm a Frank Spencer so you need to make things simple for me to understand! 

Regards

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Hi I was just interested in the price for what you got, it looks great!  The 845,000 was that labour and materials as well?  If so great value.  The only thing I was wondering about was peoples concerns with the drying of the cement?  What is the issue there what should be done to make sure its correctly treated so that you get the best strength?  I'm a Frank Spencer so you need to make things simple for me to understand! 

Regards

The price was for labour  and materiel, we agreed a fixed price for there labour and a time too, but the time went over by a few weeks but the price was the same, so i cannot grumble about that, 

The drying time of the cement well thats why i think the time went beyond what they said because it took longer to dry out, which is better for me i think, 

There is still lots more to do to the house once we are there the upper floor is our place so nothing is done in that space just yet, i dont want unexpected people moving in in there before we are there, if you know what i mean

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Hi boys , i thought i would just ask for any advice,

The house is done to what we have asked for and i have decided not to build the carport come bedrooms to the side of the house, i may build some sort of lean two  attached to the house , somewhere to still and a dirty kitchen thing,

I was thinking of building some sort of cover for the window on the top floor, mainly to stop the raisn and the sun from coming in,

I have a few designs in my mind, as you can see there is a side window and 2 windows on the back, but i was wondering if you may have a better thought then mine,

DGTXPAT
Posted
Posted

Big Congrats on the house project! I like the stair railings and roof top terrace from the pictures! I would like to get the workers contact info from you too.

• Like 1