Our Home

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The stairs are ready to be pored and  the doors have been hung and all is going well,

Must admit Steve, I am surprised you have chosen to hang the doors before a big pour of Concrete, Whilst concrete will come off we found it had a detrimental effect on the Wood and was a bit of a pain to totally clean for staining, but them maybe you have 100% clean workers? 

Other than that it sounds like you have got on well. While on the subject of Doors, already Hung, have you Finished the Floor yet. Tiled or Finish for tile? just a thought on Levels and clearance that's all.

JP :tiphat:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Sorry Jack, these are the two main doors , front and back sort of, there has been no doors on the property for months, just the holes,

Now everything is coming together the foreman says for security its better to get these in place  sooner then later,

The tiles have been chosen but again they will not be put down until the foreman says so,

He is a very good chap, and so helpful too, and yes he is being paid well, but as i say if hes good then treat him with respect and pay him what hes worth

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

these are the two main doors , front and back sort of,

Hmmmmmmmmm LOL OK matey, I had visions of all your internal Doors with cement dust all over them and who knows what else.

I made my Foreman redo all the doors as he set them before the Tiles went down and thought his eye was good enough to gauge the Finish line. Sounds as if you do indeed have a good One. Done some more photos yet?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Some more pictures

post-2574-0-40677000-1423860954_thumb.jppost-2574-0-28909300-1423860982_thumb.jppost-2574-0-18760600-1423861005_thumb.jppost-2574-0-13058200-1423861028_thumb.jppost-2574-0-97880600-1423861050_thumb.jppost-2574-0-71958800-1423861096_thumb.jp

They have started doing the metal work for the ceiling beams, they are just waiting for the cement to dry had they are saying,

• Like 2

usa32
Posted
Posted

Steve,

if you don't mind sharing, what is the budget?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Steve,

I am more interested in the size (square meters) and how many rooms?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Steve,

Good Idea then the Budget will have more meaning & relate on things a lot better .  :thumbsup:

fred
Posted
Posted

Looks really good Steve!

The only thing I`d request them to do it take out that timber above the large window opening and get them to set in a reinforced concrete lintel.

It wont take em long!

Cheers,

Fred.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Steve,

It is not large enough for all the people in your avatar/picture unless you go up to three floors.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys for the comments,

There has been some ups and downs on the house build, but we have managed to get through all that and are on the last stretch now,

The size of the lot is 18 meter x 10.5 meter,

The ground floor is 9 meter x  6.8 meter

Upstairs is  10 meters x  6.8 meters

Down stairs will be the kitchen and open living room, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom,

Upstairs is our place, its all open for now no walls, we are waiting till we get there to make our mind up what we are wanting,

We think the back of the house will be our bathroom and bedroom, and a guest bedroom, both attached to the bathroom, then the rest of the area will be for relaxing,

The door will lead onto the small balcony and a metal stairway will go up onto the roof deck  which will be one big open space, seating area and a cover area too, somewhere to sit and watch the night sky,

But like any plans it all could change

This is our design for the family home, Ems dad will be living there and also her brother and It will be our home and base for how ever long we think its where we would like to live,

• Like 1