Our Home

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the great comments boys, it does feel good hearing from many of you that already have your home over there saying it looks good,

Right you know all about our home, downstairs is for us all to live but upstairs is our own place, yes we will share the living space but the bedroom and bathroom will be our space,

I was talking to someone the other day about buying things here and shipping them out to the Phils, like the bathroom and fittings, well this took me back and asked why because its a better quality from here and will last you longer, but surely with the cost of shipping to me its a waste of time, but what are your thoughts,

The last time i was in Wilcon, there bathroom suites looked great , yes cheap ones but some where out of this world prices too,

As long as its white and it looks good , it will do in my eyes , but as always its better to ask your advice before i put my foot in it, as they say

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the great comments boys, it does feel good hearing from many of you that already have your home over there saying it looks good,

Right you know all about our home, downstairs is for us all to live but upstairs is our own place, yes we will share the living space but the bedroom and bathroom will be our space,

I was talking to someone the other day about buying things here and shipping them out to the Phils, like the bathroom and fittings, well this took me back and asked why because its a better quality from here and will last you longer, but surely with the cost of shipping to me its a waste of time, but what are your thoughts,

The last time i was in Wilcon, there bathroom suites looked great , yes cheap ones but some where out of this world prices too,

As long as its white and it looks good , it will do in my eyes , but as always its better to ask your advice before i put my foot in it, as they say

Hi Steve

Don`t buy the cheapest bathroom suite you see. Look at the finish on the Basin,bath and toilet to see if it is a consistent rich colour all over. Look at the taps and syphon to see if they are interchangeable with the spare parts you can buy here.The bath should be at least 1/4 inch thick. Taps are better if they have the black rubber washer inside for the seal. Always put valves by each fitting so you can isolate it if a repair is needed. There is a system of pipework available here now which is joined using a heatgun. I used this pipework quite extensively in Bulford army camp on Salisbury plain UK. The name for it in the UK is Aquatherm and I believe it is from Germany. Last week I saw some of the fittings for this system for sale in Unitop Dumaguete Negros.Hope this helps. 

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
There is a system of pipework available here now which is joined using a heatgun. I used this pipework quite extensively in Bulford army camp on Salisbury plain UK.

Turns a 4 day "rough in" with old school copper piping to getting 2 houses done in a day!  Love that stuff  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There is a system of pipework available here now which is joined using a heatgun. I used this pipework quite extensively in Bulford army camp on Salisbury plain UK.

Turns a 4 day "rough in" with old school copper piping to getting 2 houses done in a day!  Love that stuff  :thumbsup:

Ha ha Brett none of my work was rough just me on Monday mornings. In Bulford Camp we could not use copper as the mineral content of the water would eat through in no time. I liked using copper but can see the various situations where some kind of plastic material is a better choice.Plus the scrap value of copper was very good.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Plus the scrap value of copper was very good.

Ah So now, we know! :hystery:  

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Plus the scrap value of copper was very good.

Ah So now, we know! :hystery:  

That's why I'm friends with a lot of gas fitters  :cheersty:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It's looking good.  I had those style aluminum slider windows installed in my wife's house about 8-10 years ago and still look good.  I had them use tented glass and also install screens.  The only thing I miss about the old ones was when they were opened the whole area let air through as opposed to only half with the new sliders.

What did you install for the ceiling?

Keep the pictures coming until it's complete.

plaster board for the ceiling

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

some more new pictures, got none of the roof slab just yet but i have been told it has been pored and is drying out just nice,

post-2574-0-36791000-1426429582_thumb.jppost-2574-0-18611700-1426429597_thumb.jppost-2574-0-22189200-1426429612_thumb.jppost-2574-0-17270900-1426429633_thumb.jppost-2574-0-17340900-1426429656_thumb.jppost-2574-0-53244500-1426429678_thumb.jppost-2574-0-61202400-1426429731_thumb.jp

They are thinking it may run over by 1 week, but i am in no rush

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Was that a incandescent bulb in the fixture? Are fluorescent something we should ship from home or easy to purchase there? 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Was that a incandescent bulb in the fixture? Are fluorescent something we should ship from home or easy to purchase there?

probably an L.E.D. as incandescents are hard to find here and florescents are yesterdays tech

av_bulb7.5w_3__1.jpg

• Like 3