"kano Prices" Not Only For Foreigners

jpbago
Posted
Posted
The high end rate is the regular tuition. For those who can show that the family income is insufficient for them to attend, or for certain indigenous tribes, or a few other conditions to be met - these would be offered the lower rate.

But in the end, the rates would be the same as the lower rate would have many add ons that were included in the higher rate. Let me tell you, there are plenty of extra costs added on throughout the year.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The high end rate is the regular tuition. For those who can show that the family income is insufficient for them to attend, or for certain indigenous tribes, or a few other conditions to be met - these would be offered the lower rate.

But in the end, the rates would be the same as the lower rate would have many add ons that were included in the higher rate. Let me tell you, there are plenty of extra costs added on throughout the year.

The ones I looked at everybody had to pay the extras and the tuition included the same for everybody... Perhaps the schools you were involved with were different?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

But in the end, the rates would be the same as the lower rate

Pro-rata and taking into considerations, Means testing. it  will give you an Idea that giving thought (As some do) to Income , the Amount is equal for those in any Particular Bracket. To me it is fair, If you can afford the Education then so beit, but if you have a Bright kid and little money then I see no reason why that kid should not be helped in anyway Possible, There will always be a tier Pricing no matter in what,

I don't think anyone is saying OH! Rich Price, Poor price, it is to me all  about who can or can't afford it. But, Mr President has said " All Children, Students deserve and should have an decent Education" So it is up to the Administration to make this Possible.

I, Thank You!  :tiphat:

JP  :)  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The ones I looked at everybody had to pay the extras and the tuition included the same for everybody... Perhaps the schools you were involved with were different?

The public college tuition is less than the private college tuition but it has more expenses added on during the year than the private one does so in the end the cost is near the same. It is like going to a garage that advertises a low price for an oil change but then they add on oil disposal costs, environmental costs, lube costs, tire air costs, oil container recycle costs, etc

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is like going to a garage that advertises a low price

You mean like a Supermarket loss leader, get you in then do a hard sell, reverse  psychology, we got you in here so you may as well stay and Spend? :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The public college tuition is less than the private college tuition but it has more expenses added on during the year than the private one does so in the end the cost is near the same.
That wouldn't be surprising.  When I found the topic start information, I saw it's a much biger difference between the different schools for Bachelor education in same/similar subject, from 4000 - 35 000 p per semester !
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The public college tuition is less than the private college tuition but it has more expenses added on during the year than the private one does so in the end the cost is near the same. It is like going to a garage that advertises a low price for an oil change but then they add on oil disposal costs, environmental costs, lube costs, tire air costs, oil container recycle costs, etc

My Special Someone's university was being paid for be her brother but he couldn't afford to keep it up for the last year... So, unknown to her, I contacted the school and paid for her last year... I used to have the prices broken down but I'm not sure if I brought it or trashed it - still, her uni came in about lower than 75% of all the schools - and that was including all extras while the other schools were tuition only!
  • Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Last week's extra was 450p (100p for food at community service.15 students pool the money to cook and feed some poor families, 220 for a shirt for NSTP and 130 for something else. Next week, the extra cost is 800 for Recollection (all day at a church). Every Saturday they do community service which is very good but nothing to do with the Med Tech course. Every week, more add ons.I pay the tuition up front to get the 5% discount.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Last week's extra was 450p

Extra's go on and On, This week it is Prom Week, Now that is never explained when we sign up our kids for school,

Of course we want our daughters (and this is because mine is a daughter) the be the Belle of the Ball, So the 18.000 it is has cost so far is worth it. BUT and don't you just love that But, the Add on For the Food, 500, the Soft Drinks, 150. Contribution to the new 70" Flat screen, 650 and contribution for the Clearing and Cleaning of the Gymnasium 200 ( Poor Kids do a manual here I might add)

This is where many do not think about, when we talk Education Costs,  It is not the Education Part it really is the Add on's

JP  :tiphat:

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
This week it is Prom Week,

After Prom Week comes Graduation with more costs. For me, many years ago, the Prom was the same night as the Graduation with no costs (except for a mickey of whiskey) but here it is two events.

• Like 1