Baby On Balikbayan Visa.?

Thomas
Posted
Posted
There is a question on the form "Why late registration"?
  (NOT same, but perhaps an interesting hint:  Rather many Filipinos are NOT registered and DON'T have any birth certificate or anything.  This make they get problem to get legitim work, because they can't get registered to SSS and such and can't get passport,

BUT even if register the birth 20 years later, it can be done for a fee of around 3000pesos. 

A poor mountain farmer 9 sibblings family I know, try to afford to register them now one by one to get chance to get employment and study at higher level.)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

after i get Jack sorted out will focus on getting another visa ,maybe a 13 A .....

I know you will have busy just now but I thought it just the right time to remind you that if you do go for your 13a  you will need an Australian Police Clearance that has been Authenticated at the Philippine Embassy,  in Australia. So when you are at home next time, you will need to have that done as you will be under the 6 month time limit when you return. In fact just to be on the safe side, best check the Requirements to see if there is anything else you need that can/should, be done in Aus

Just a thought while I am sat here contemplating  what size Adult Diapers I need to buy   :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I've asked the question and hopefully the BI will give us an answer just to get some clarification. 

Well appears my thoughts and logic were wrong, the BI answered the question regarding if little Jack can stay in the Philippines on his balikbayan privilege while his parents left the country and they replied with,

Greetings! yes sir the balikbayan stamp is still valid even if the parent travel abroad.......Thank you ...........ACN/

post-1-0-76177500-1427180671.jpg

Whitty you can relax now   :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
 I know you will have busy just now but I thought it just the right time to remind you that if you do go for your 13a  you will need an Australian Police Clearance that has been Authenticated at the Philippine Embassy,  in Australia.

Although we are getting off topic here but if Whitty or any Australian and probably anyone else has stayed 6 months or more in the Philippines then the police clearance in not required if processing a 13a in the Philippines.

If done in Australia a police clearance will be required. 

Valid Police Clearance from country of origin or residence, if the applicant has stayed in the Philippines for less than six
(6) months; 

• Like 1

Whitty
Posted
Posted

Greetings everyone....We have had a successful  time at DFA  Cebu. Very friendly and helpful.We had our paperwork correct except we needed the birth registration form and four copies of it notarised by a lawyer . So we jumped in a taxi and went to Mandauae Town Hall and found one there. Cost 150 P plus cab fare....took total around 20 mins .We then taxied back to DFA and paperwork was accepted. Cost 1100 or so Peso . It will take 5 or 6 months to process ..

I got brave and asked if it was a problem to leave Jack with his Grandparents while we went to Australia..Answer: not a problem.in Australian that is "no worries mate"...what a relief....The young lady ,Cecil Lyn Ponpon was so pleasant and helpful..overall it was a great day..

Only real problem is Emilou is suffering a migrane now and my plans for celebration have to be put on hold....

Thanks again gents for your help......without your kindness this would not have happened....

Cheers...i may just have a cold beer anyhow.....

• Like 3