• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Arum: Pacquiao will run for President of the Philippines
By Sean Wagner-McGough | Boxing Writer
April 14, 2015 1:31 pm ET

Full Mayweather-Pacquiao coverage
Even if Manny Pacquiao is conquered by Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 2, he's still got a pretty meaningful future ahead of him -- a future full of interviews, strategists, and savvy opponents.

According to promoter Bob Arum, when Pacquiao decides to step out of the ring for good, he'll turn to politics. But his ambition isn't limited to being a congressman -- his current political status -- or a senator.

Instead, as Arum told TMZ Sports, Pacquiao will run to be the President of the Philippines at some point in the future.

"Forgot that," Arum said after being asked about Pacquiao's potential future as a singer. "He's going to be a president."

When Pacquiao was 32, he was elected to the House of Representatives in the Philippines. According to Arum, Pacquiao will run for a position in the Senate in 2016. Then, in 2022 or later, he'll attempt a run at President of the Philippines.

"I think he has a political career," Arum said.

Considering Pacquiao just recorded an entrance song for the Fight of Century called "Lalaban Ako Para Sa Filipino" or "I Will Fight for the Filipino," beating Mayweather Jr. could be his first significant political win of his eventual presidential campaign.

Topics: Mayweather vs Pacquiao, BOXING

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

If he wins he won't run for president.  He will be proclaimed king!! :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

If he wins he won't run for president.  He will be proclaimed king!! :thumbsup: 

You mean he will leave the boxing ring, for the circus ring!

• Like 1

Wrye83
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well it would be better than Duterte....but not by much. I'm curious how his mother would act during an election..... :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPeWlRIJE4

Sorry, I don't know how to embed video with IPB.

Edited by Wrye83
  • Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I was in s comedy club in manila with some friends, Manny came in with some friends of his and they sat at the table next to ours. Ss I was in the comfort room Manny wad also, we both ended up Wy the sinks together to wash our hands, after we dried our hands I turned to him and said hello sir and extended my hand to shake, he looked me right in the eye and shook my hand, didn't day anything, when I got back to my table my ex gf and her friends were extremely jealous haha and kept asking me why I did not get his autograph, maybe he will make a good president if he ever does run, for sure I would not like the chances of anyone running against him

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Posted Today, 09:50 AM Well it would be better than Duterte.

:tiphat:  :hystery: And I thought everyone was opposed to corruption.  Bet that the molesters and other criminals that didn't get shot trying to escape from the locked rear seat of car would be loathe to repeat their offence.   :bash:    

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-4396-0-66971200-1429132391_thumb.jp

Isn't he a -or was he a player-coach-owner of a baskeball tem? Didn't he dabble in singing and making a CD or 2? Has he thrown himself into the political arena with hopes of holding the highest office in the land one day? Is he not the preacher that commands the attention of more than 1 congregation? Hasn't he spearheaded projects like kids groups and building hospitals?-Oh-I heard he's involved in boxing too. A lot on his plate if you ask me,

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Am i detecting a note of jealousy throughout this thread?

:D

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

As ridiculous as it seems he likely would have a good chance of winning. I think he's a good man but would end up a puppet.