Rates Are Up! Get Your Dollars Out From Under The Mattress!

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I saw 48.105 on my gadget meter.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Xooming today!! It looks good!

• 3 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

After falling below 46 just a few weeks ago, the dollar is back up to 47.03 on XE.com.  That is quite a jump back up!

Edit:  I just caught up on the the currencies, and strangely, the dollar took a huge dive this past week against some other currencies.  1 week charts:

Euro

Fullscreen capture 4302016 92218 PM.jpg

Yen

Fullscreen capture 4302016 92544 PM.jpg

Pound

Fullscreen capture 4302016 92756 PM.jpg

Peso

Fullscreen capture 4302016 93021 PM.jpg

Edited by OnMyWay

• 4 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

After drifting down towards 46, the rate was slowing climbing back up the past week or two, but today it really jumped!  ~47.32 mid-market rate on XE.com right now.  It was around 46.7 a day or two ago.

So if you are thinking about exchanging, next week might be good, after the Monday holiday.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yes Don. The drop is artificially induced by the Central Bank of Philippines, which they do prior to a US Public Holiday.

They ease it down as they did last week, to deter large transactions over the weekend when financial markets are closed.

As you now report, the rate since Wednesday is the real rate. Just above 47 at the money changers. But will ease slightly over the weekend.

The AUD did the same starting last week at 35.9 then dropped to 35 over the weekend,  back to 36 currently.

NB. The US holiday does affect other financial markets worldwide and since all currencies value is calculated against the dollar, all rates are affected.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

47.87 mid-market rate on XE.com right now.  If the trend continues, the 5 year high of 48.05 might be overtaken next week.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

47.87 mid-market rate on XE.com right now.  If the trend continues, the 5 year high of 48.05 might be overtaken next week.

Could you please request over 50 around the first of the year.  I'm getting ready to build our house and that would be a help.  Thanks:whistling:

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, intrepid said:

Could you please request over 50 around the first of the year.  I'm getting ready to build our house and that would be a help.  Thanks:whistling:

48 is excellent on a large transaction. I have some savings for my Aussie trip and might pull the trigger next week.

For those using a money changer cash in hand. The rate is dropped from Friday to Monday. Mid morning Tuesday you get the real rate. About .03-04 above the bank rate. 47.8 should be offered at 48.2...sometimes they are slow to put up the rate so watch that.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I did the ATM thing at BPI this morning, just missed 48, went through at 47.94

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
On 19/09/2016 at 7:46 PM, AlwaysRt said:

I did the ATM thing at BPI this morning, just missed 48, went through at 47.94

That was good. My mate was there yesterday got 20k on one transaction which is another win win. AUD @ 35.25.

Money changers only showed 47.8 late yesterday maybe being cautious.