Internet Speed In The Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Jake,  what will happen when google launches its blimps and high level drones to provide service to PH?

I don't see how they can fly blimps and drones over another country's air space without permission (read that paying someone off)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

I live in Manila so I'm guessing that I have better speed than most rural areas. That said there are some providers that are just awful in my particular area. Smart and any other Smart accost ayes product is dire. Globe is by far the best here for cellular reception.

I use PLDT for my home fibre. 5MB unlimited usage. Cost P2.8k per month. This is actually a really good deal. Much better than what I was able to get in UK. There is sometimes a slowing between 7pm and 8pm, but other than that I've only ever had 1 issue where PLDT had issues locally and been unplugged for 5 days. My average speed is a pretty stable 4.90mb and upload 2.90mb.

When I use Globe I subscribe to a supersurf package for my iPhone.

A trick I used when I was using Globe Tattoo I would use the sim and BBMAX out of my blackberry and would still give me 30 days @ 800mb allowance per 24 hours. BBMAX is 599 and SuperSurf is 999. Both give exactly the same allowance.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I don't see how they can fly blimps and drones over another country's air space without permission (read that paying someone off)

I think I read (on the internet so u no it's true) that they will pay a license fee, not only in Fil but in other asian countries.  Perhaps they are planing a preemptive strike against Amazon and others.  They may have the only pizza in town soon.