Adequate And Understandable Notary Needed

Y_U_LIE
Posted
Posted

Greetings fellow expats.

I have rather unusual situation that I need to be taken care of. It DOES NOT involve Philippinos or Philippinas in ANY way nor it involves the country or anything related. The only relation is that I am actually here on a working visa. All I need for the situation to get solved is a notarized waiver in english for me to send it to a country far far away from here (little european country).

The only reason why I am doing it here is because I am physically here at the moment and can not really leave the country. So I can only obtain this paper phisically in this country (seems like, if I am mistaken - please guide me to the light).

My question is the following - who will be able to recommend me local notary that is adequate enough to understand my position and help me out? My case is 100% legit but needs to be done fast (stupid me didn't think about it at the time) and it will be rather impossible to be done fast at this point (because of the translation of the some documents into english from european and etc., I mean come on - it took local translators 2 WEEKS to translate my DRIVERS LICENCE (true story!!!)) so I am in need of some understanding help.

Recommendations, please.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It would be helpful if you could state your request more clearly and simply. 

It sounds like you need a local attorney and a translator?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Unless I am missing something YU I really don't see a problem

If you have a document that is in English, and you want it notarized, almost any attorney office can notarize it. Every one I have met speak very good English, and all their assistances speak English also.

I had to get something motorized and sent back to the state after my fathers passing (for the probate lawyers back home) and the Philippine notary stamp was accepted no problems.

Now if your trying to get something translated from English into a foreign language and then notarized, sorry cant help ya there.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

it took local translators 2 WEEKS to translate my DRIVERS LICENCE (true story!!!)) so I am in need of some understanding help.

OK! Give us a Clue, Just What Language do you need Translating, without this Information I doubt anyone can even begin to Help you. :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Y_U_LIE
Posted
Posted

It would be helpful if you could state your request more clearly and simply. 

It sounds like you need a local attorney and a translator?

I stated everything I could and very detailed in my opinion. It is a very personal matter. Thank you for understanding.

Y_U_LIE
Posted
Posted

Unless I am missing something YU I really don't see a problem

If you have a document that is in English, and you want it notarized, almost any attorney office can notarize it. Every one I have met speak very good English, and all their assistances speak English also.

Now if your trying to get something translated from English into a foreign language and then notarized, sorry cant help ya there.

Yes, that is exactly the case. Even more, I need to produce a waiver, here stating that I myself am allowing for something to happen without my presence. And I need to get that notarized. Might need one document for that but it IS NOT IN ENGLISH and I dont have time to translate it, I need an attourney that would believe me on that one. (Have some side proofs that I am telling the truth).

Y_U_LIE
Posted
Posted

it took local translators 2 WEEKS to translate my DRIVERS LICENCE (true story!!!)) so I am in need of some understanding help.

OK! Give us a Clue, Just What Language do you need Translating, without this Information I doubt anyone can even begin to Help you. :thumbsup:

Its an ex-Jugoslavia language - that's all I can say.

Please be understandable - I am not sure how well are you aware on the modern IT tech here, but I am quite savvy it it so I would rather share MINIMUM IF ANY details in public. Offline only, please. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
who will be able to recommend me local notary that is adequate enough to understand my position and help me out?

As mentioned, we don't understand your position.  That means it is hard to recommend a local notary who understands what we do not.  There are notaries everywhere and they are ONLY useful for stamping a local government document with their notary stamp.  You will need a lawyer for more than that.

I would rather share MINIMUM IF ANY details in public. Offline only, please. 

If you cannot share the details on a public forum then this public forum is useless to you.  I suggest you ask personal friends or lawyers as we ARE the public.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Serbo-Croatian, Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian, Slovenian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, etc.

My friend, I really do not think you are going to get much help here in the Philippines on  any of these languages.

Your best bet is with your own Embassy, Now if you cant do that then I feel you have a problem far beyond anyone here  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Its an ex-Jugoslavia language

For this maby like Jack said an embassy that speaks one of those languages.

Some off the wall ideas.

Check UP, (university of the Philippines) language department.

Lawyers around the UP campus, if they want your business maybe they can scare up an interpreter

Make some calls to the call centers, see if any of them service those countries

Department of Tourism--When my wife worked there years ago they sent her to school to become fluent in Spanish, maybe they have someone there that specializes in those languages.

just some ideas

• Like 1