Transgenders

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I just read an article in the New York Times,  that starting as early the first of the year transgenders will be allowed in the US military.

I thought NOOOOOOO then I realized that it would only be the Marines and Leg units that would be affected, not the airborne.

It would not be proper to have the enemy looking up their skirts.  Although that should put the fear of god in them.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It would not be proper to have the enemy looking up their skirts.

:hystery:  That's what the Brits said about the Scots and the Kilt at the Khyber Pass  :thumbsup:  and apparently the Rebels were Indeed frightened of the Demons in Skirts. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

Morning all. :morning1:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
transgenders will be allowed in the US military.

I can imagine 'preop' transgenders wanting to get in.  If they get their dick shot off it will save them the cost of the operation. 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

There are already transgenders in the military.  It is agaisnt the rules but it is up to the individual command to complain, so many are allowed to stay in.  Glad to see they are getting fair treatment finally.  :tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Up until now, I was holding back to express my views as a former command master chief, USN (equivalent to a sergeant major of a battalion).  Now, I need to choose my words carefully due to the political correctness in not offending anyone in this forum. Please accept my advance apologies if I have violated any forum rules.  Moderators, please delete or revise my comments.

Here are some typical scenarios dealing with transgenders in the military.  Who or what determines their berthing arrangements on board a ship?  For example, on board a modern day submarine, are you willing to hot rack with them?  Will there be a 3rd separate berthing space, where space on a warship is at a premium anyway?  Will you be a little apprehensive or be intimidated sharing a foxhole (or a shower) on the battlefield?  Will that affect the performance of your duties? During off time, where a whole new set of dirty jokes are spreading behind their backs, will that affect their performance as well?  Can that break down the team spirit or the unity of command?  

We have come a long way in fully accepting women in the military, even in a combat environment.  Now we are faced with yet another challenge of providing equal opportunity motivated once again, by the so called political correctness.  

What's next -- a transgender US president?  

Whiskey-tango-foxtrot, over??

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

canadamale
Posted
Posted

When I was at Lancaster Park I was building some communication  units to be installed on the back of M35 trucks, the corporal I was working with was a women, although I believe she was more man then I will ever be. They say the general Alexander the Great was gay. I do not know but it seems gays, transgendered and the like are her and we will have to adjust,( actually yhey have always been here)

• Like 1

cyberbro
Posted
Posted

I'm picturing Corporal Klinger in charge of the new platoon of them lol

Sure you want to die for your country, yes what not!  but the minute you are going to ask the Army (Tax payers) to surgically alter you or pay for your estrogen pills to bad!

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
save them the cost of the operation. 
Whiskey-tango-foxtrot, over??

:angry: It is my understanding that transgender does not equal homosexual.

:th_imstupid: However it seems strange to me, unusual (sorry Bruce), different you know queer.

:as-if: Jake I just don't think that would get to our Sergeant Major, if the First Sergeant Didn't notice him/her sighing in,  not even normally horny troopers would allow him in the barracks. :bedtime2: 

Just can't  understand, without a draft why a T-girl would want to be in a combat unit. :1927_:   

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmm maybe because she/he would be surrounded by the bravest, toughest, most handsome mo****** fu****** ever hehe

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If you look into you will find there are quite a few female to male transgenders already serving. It is not just male to female.   Here is an intersting article about one that is openly serving.  It is estimated there are already over 15,000 transgenders serving.   The times they are a changin'  :tiphat:

Army Sgt. Shane Ortega served three combat tours, according to a Thursday profile in The Washington Post: "Two in Iraq, one in Afghanistan. Two as a Marine and one in the Army. Two as a woman and one as a man."

He holds a man’s military travel passport, based on the new Social Security card he received when he changed his name. But he is still identified as female in the military’s official computer system. He must wear a woman’s “dress blues” for official occasions.

Sources:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transgender-in-the-military-a-pentagon-in-transition-weighs-its-policy/2015/04/09/ee0ca39e-cf0d-11e4-8c54-ffb5ba6f2f69_story.html

http://www.advocate.com/politics/transgender/2015/04/10/meet-first-out-trans-soldier-us-military

• Like 1