Visa Requirements- Usa Immigration

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Just an update:

We picked up the wedding certificate at the municipal before the 30 days was up so we have one step out of the way.

The next step is to get my asawa ko to the married to a foreigner seminar in Manila. Will look into that on Monday. After that she can get her new passport with her new last name.

BTW: at the municipal I happened to see another American or foreigner driving trike. Anyone from here?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just an update:

We picked up the wedding certificate at the municipal before the 30 days was up so we have one step out of the way.

The next step is to get my asawa ko to the married to a foreigner seminar in Manila. Will look into that on Monday. After that she can get her new passport with her new last name.

BTW: at the municipal I happened to see another American or foreigner driving trike. Anyone from here?

Getting the CFO training is done on a first come first served basis. So people start lining up outside at 4 or 5 AM. I recommend getting in line no later than 6AM. We arrived on an overnight bus and got there before 6AM. While my wife kept our place in line I went across the street to Jollibee to bring back coffee and breakfast. Later I saw someone for Jollibee taking orders from those in line.

Sounds like you are off to a good start.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Just an update:

Getting the CFO training is done on a first come first served basis. So people start lining up outside at 4 or 5 AM. I recommend getting in line no later than 6AM. We arrived on an overnight bus and got there before 6AM. While my wife kept our place in line I went across the street to Jollibee to bring back coffee and breakfast. Later I saw someone for Jollibee taking orders from those in line.

Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Ouch, sounds rough.

What do we need to bring for this class and only she can every e or do we both go?

Thanks!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just your wife. They won't let you in the door. Here is a list of requirements and more info on obtaining a CFO for your wife: 

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348&Itemid=918

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Just need a clarification on something.

Is it better to stay here for 6 months at least or not?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

6 months is the turning point. After 6 months you don't need a  Home Police Clearance for a 13a but you need an ECC to leave.

Anything up to 6 months makes you a Tourist (Proper) being here longer than 6 months brings a lot of things up for you. To me it depends on how you want to play things, after 6 moths you will be viewed as an Extended Tourist and as I say certain things can change.

JP :tiphat:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

6 months is the turning point. After 6 months you don't need a  Home Police Clearance for a 13a but you need an ECC to leave.

Anything up to 6 months makes you a Tourist (Proper) being here longer than 6 months brings a lot of things up for you. To me it depends on how you want to play things, after 6 moths you will be viewed as an Extended Tourist and as I say certain things can change.

JP :tiphat:

Jack. Please stop confusing the issue. This topic is about his wife immigrating to the USA.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Yes. If you have been in the Philippines for more than 6 months you can file the I-130 petition at the US Embassy in Manila rather than filing it back in the USA. Doing the paperwork using the US Embassy in Manila, called Direct Consular Filing or DCF, is very fast, only takes 2-4 months to obtain the visa. Doing the paperwork in the USA is very slow currently taking 1-2 years. Note that you have to be able to prove that you have resided in the Philippines for more than 6 months to do DCF.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack. Please stop confusing the issue. This topic is about his wife immigrating to the USA.

post-2148-0-14896000-1438134017_thumb.jp But if it helps, Sorry Guys & gals. I will take 100 lines.

post-2148-0-60037700-1438134075_thumb.jp

Jack P :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. I am really confused by all the red tape here. I would rather look like an idiot and ask for clarification then to make a mistake. :)