How Much Could You Live On? One Month.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorry can't see it, Status alone, will dictate an additional Spending. 9a will be 3.000 + two monthly In fact did we not say it was 25.000+ per year? so that's  2.000+ on top but I would query this Figure based on things we have read here with regard to 9 a Tourist Visa. Then, unless you  go to a 13a there will be the Visa Runs. Sorry I would like to think it is Possible But........................All in all, Sums should be redone here.

Anyway Sorry I forgot to say  post-2148-0-06379100-1452338929.jpg Enjoy and look forward to your Topics and Postings.

Just saying

Jack :)

• Like 3

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

Iḿ still in Sweden but I know our costs in Phil we got our own house so no rent electricity costs are at rafli 3,500 php monthly a maid 4000 / Montly, food (home) 7000 we got our own trike (simple but ok for us) so not much costs for transportation.

What can I say we can easily live on USD 500 monthly or less including some beers for me!!!

End of 2018 we gona move back to stay!

We have done that out of necessity. But there a few more things to consider. TV, Internet, Mobile Phones....Immigration (which might not be an issue), Medical Care and so on.

If I'm living on $500, I prefer to have another $500 available.

Going back to my original post, I started this topic. I can live on 10-12,000 pesos if single and I might keep it up for a few months, but not forever. No rent, I also have my own house.

WelI agree itś good to have some extra! But I got all I need and have no desire for more so 500 is more than enough!

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
But I got all I need

Number 1 song for the Filipinos at the croaky machines: " I got all that I need. I'm in heaven" so if they can do it, so can you.

• Like 1

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

What can I say we can easily live on USD 500 monthly or less

Good on you Mate :thumbsup: . If your moving on 2018 I would be curious in 2019 how satisfying your time was.

Any of us can "live" (I would call it survival myself) on 500 USD a month, but I would sure be one miserable puppy :hystery:

Well we will live 4 hours 1 way from nearest city Naga city there is actually nothing to spend money on LOL no Mac donalds and other crap and thats how I want to live doing some fishing, kayaking and prospecting for the yellow metal thats what I enjoy and as I alreddy got all neeed there there wont be much of costs we got our own meet and catch our own fish from the ocean so I can alreddy now say 500 is oki but we do have more so we not forced to live on just the 500USD mentioned before but we can live on it!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What you are doing is impressive Arild, you sir are living off the grid and enjoying a simple life. I respect that.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

Impressive no but there is plenty people living on less in in many countries who actually could live a better life in Phil with their low pension instead of being miserably poor and picking empty bottles for a few extra cents in their own country. !

Thats why i posted this!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

Im somewhat confused, took some time to read all the posts, but I thought it had something to do with could you live cheaply on a certain amount 1 or 2 or 3 months a year and save money as opposed to trying to find a job or run a business to make the extra money.  It was about picking a few months to watch your pennies and thereby save some money without too much hardship. 

Based on the above, I could do that once or twice a year and save some money.  When you think about it, no matter what our budgets are, we have all chosen to reign in the spending on occasion when you have splurged and realised that you have splurged and need to cut back.   This is no different to the above suggestion, its the same principal. 

Not everyone wants to run a business in retirement, but for others they need to be kept busy and running a business is the answer, we are all different with different wants and needs.  Me, I'm happy doing very little or will be when I am there, but I also wouldnt mind maybe doing something when I am there. Dont know what but I will look for something to do after Ive enjoyed some retirement time first. :)

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
Im somewhat confused, took some time to read all the posts, but I thought it had something to do with could you live cheaply on a certain amount 1 or 2 or 3 months a year and save money as opposed to trying to find a job or run a business to make the extra money.  It was about picking a few months to watch your pennies and thereby save some money without too much hardship. 

I'm the OP.

Yes, you sussed what I meant. Or extrapolating a bit more, if single, how low could you go eg in my case, below 10k over a month. But with a family, it really doesn't work out.

Like here in February, a short month.  I put Gina's allowance down and told her we will save a certain amount. So far ok, but the rebound will be next month, a full 31 day month.

Another one I'm considering x 1 month also.  OK Gina, here's 20k for the month....then I take my 10k to live off. That should give me an instant savings of over 30k.  And I take it as a trial of how how  might live if I'm not here.  In that a small business would not yield 30k/month, I take this as a useful exercise.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
 I put Gina's allowance down and told her we will save a certain amount.

Lowering an "allowance" is stressful.  Here is how I am trying to deal with that and I will let you know how it works.  In the past, "Y" was given 3,500 pesos a week to go and buy groceries and household items and then whatever she can save out of that is her "allowance"  Now, we are on a belt tightening spree so I have told her:  "Take 3,000 pesos and buy whatever we NEED for the week (groceries and household items).  Whatever is left over from that 3,000 is OUR spending money.  So if you NEED 2000 for the week's budget then give me back 500 for my allowance and the other 500 is your allowance."

EDIT: For those who see "allowance" as something you give to kids, substitute that word with a word that means "money you can put in your pocket to spend freely without having to worry about it or account for it."

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2