How Much Could You Live On? One Month.

chris49
Posted
Posted

sh&t guys, this isn't difficult. Don't invest a dollar that you won't make two on. Why am I getting sh&t about this?

4000/night is a vast sum, or 4000/day with only 2 staff working, yet you send a vehicle to Manila to top up supplies, an 800 km round trip.

I asked you to explain further your profitability. So far your explanation is unconvincing. Every night you are quoting, mate even in Metro Manila there are quiet nights and closures.

I'm willing to leave it there unless you want to continue.

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

"So how about you don't buy from Puregold? How about running a vehicle down to a wholesaler in Manila for stock? It's not really that complicated." "One waitress, one bartender"

I'm sure that is possible, how about the cost?

No one in the kitchen cooking those pizzas? No one washing dishes and glasses in this "packed out" bar?

Btw it's not me who is asking about tax and businesss permits, I have no idea why it would have any interest to anyone here.

Mate I am not a total novice. On a bar restaurant like yours, my mate was in there until 5-6 AM, only on the restocking while his wife did the book keeping, they came to hate it, as it ruled their lives.

Mate, I have someone in the kitchen cooking those pizzas and running a vehicle down to Manila once a month costs about 2500 peso. Yes, you're right, the guys work long hours - and get paid well (by local standards) in return for their efforts. My point is it can be done, if you do it right. Initially the wife was like oh well we will buy this and that now and then. I said no. Let's drop 100,000 peso on stock once a month and run the car down and truck it back up.  What can I say.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm listening mate and will drop by in time. Once I have a car, maybe next year, it is on the route. Sounds a bit like Olongapo where they run more 24/7 than here up north. It's pretty sleepy here, but there are 2-3 bars on the highway which rock the roof on weekends. A "friend" told me.

Just looked at the demographics on Agoo City, so it's a bit bigger than I thought.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Calm down people

• Like 1

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

You won't get no sh&t from me

Same here, more power to them!!!

Think Dave hit it right on the nail here. If a guy comes in with a business plan, fully capitalized, ready to live the 1st year with no profit, willing to build the business from scratch and work really, really hard. (leaves me out) etc, etc, etc. A man can do very well here.

It's the cat that comes in thinking that he is gonna marry the girl, bring 5000 bucks, hire all the relatives to do the work, set them all up and just sit under the nipa hut drinking San Miguels and watch the profits roll in that need all the warnings and advice. Because we all know a year later they are sitting at the embassy asking for air fare wondering what the heck happened.

Naturally they rarely come back to the board and let us know lolololol.

You got it in one there, no one can go anywhere with 5000 bucks and sit around and drink beer all day while the money multiplies. That said, I didn't start out with that much more than that and I now own two houses and three businesses. I won't be cap in hand at the embassy next month, in six months or any time. If it all goes south I'll start again and sort it out. Just like I have done in other countries where I have no safety net. The sour grapes just piss me right off, that said, it is their loss.

Why am I getting sh&t about this? 

Not sure why.  Jealousy?  I know a few expats who make the kind of money you are talking about in business in the Philippines.  As you say, they are fully capitalized, experienced businessmen and it surely does take money to make money.

The only difference I see between the other fellows I know and yourself is they don't talk about it on open forums.  I am told it is because they get tired of being told they can't do that when they already are.

So bottom line:  You won't get no sh&t from me  :cheers:

You're absolutely right, I'll stop engaging in forums like this and just let people bitch about how miserable they are while they convince themselves there's nothing they can do about it haha!  I thought I'd left tall poppy syndrome behind in Australia.  Seems like it is alive and well amongst those who can't afford to buy themselves a pint in the Philippines!

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

In closing, I have nothing to prove to any of you. I am simply here to live my life. Cheers.

• Like 3

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

In closing, I have nothing to prove to any of you. I am simply here to live my life. Cheers.

Victor - Please don't let a couple of folks turn you off to posting here. Don't forget, there's a silent majority out here that want to learn from a successful guy like yourself.

My wife and I are not yet living full-time in the Philippines as we have a couple of years to go before retiring. Even though we'll have enough money to live a good lifestyle, I'm the kind of guy whose always got some kind of business going on the side. I enjoy it. A lot of us in this forum can learn from you and I hope two people will not shut you down from sharing your business experience. Thank you.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 You're absolutely right, I'll stop engaging in forums like this and just let people bitch about how miserable they are while they convince themselves there's nothing they can do about i

No reason to do that if its just a few people rubbing you the wrong way.  I mean you're bound to have people get under your skin from time to time.  Once you understand what my 'signature' is all about you will be great on the forums.  People don't want to be told, unless they are being told:  You're right.

Bottom line.  Sometimes we're right, but others don't "get it".   Sometimes we're wrong, and its we, ourselves, who don't "get it"  .