How Much Could You Live On? One Month.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

You  failed to budget for the Remy Martin Chris!

Truly, if I have to get down to that. then I would turn it up.  I moved to Asia for a better living standard, whilst I do have a budget, I ensure that I I eat well and drink often!!!

Several meals a week in reasonable restaurants.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

I moved to Asia for a better living standard, whilst I do have a budget, I ensure that I I eat well and drink often!!!

I second that man! That is one the benefits of the move there, but why is it that expats tend to lose weight in the Philippines? Smaller portions? Of food, yes I can see, but not the San Miguels or Red Horse.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery:  I get about 700 peso per week as my allowance and maybe 1.000 if I go to Town, I can survive on that, She Spends the rest but as long as there is food on the table I am a happy Chappy and there is normally. :mocking:

JP :tiphat:

morning all :morning1:

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I moved to Asia for a better living standard, whilst I do have a budget, I ensure that I I eat well and drink often!!!

I second that man! That is one the benefits of the move there, but why is it that expats tend to lose weight in the Philippines? Smaller portions? Of food, yes I can see, but not the San Miguels or Red Horse.

I can't speak for anyone else but exercise regularly has helped me to lose weight. Of course the diet here helps as well, unless you eat lots of fried food and sweet treats, which I don't.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Of course the diet here helps as well, unless you eat lots of fried food and sweet treats, which I don't.

post-2148-0-63509600-1438135940_thumb.jp so what is your Diet cos here in this House Fried Food and Sweet treats are the Normal Diet, thinking about it, we sometimes can see the outside kitchens with a definite Blue haze of frying,so I guess we are living in a Fry Meal Zone. :hystery:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was talking to a friend about why we lose weight He said that we don`t need the layer of fat that we carry in our colder countries as it is hotter here.So we tend to lose some weight so maybe that is the reason.

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Of course the diet here helps as well, unless you eat lots of fried food and sweet treats, which I don't.

attachicon.gifthinking man.jpg so what is your Diet cos here in this House Fried Food and Sweet treats are the Normal Diet, thinking about it, we sometimes can see the outside kitchens with a definite Blue haze of frying,so I guess we are living in a Fry Meal Zone. :hystery:

We don't forsake fried and sweet completely but we tend to steam and barbecue more. When we stir fry it is with minimal oil, usually coconut. We also eat far more fish than meat and I usually have rice in small portions.My sweet tooth is usually content with an odd biscuit with a coffee or an occasional ice cream

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We don't forsake fried and sweet completely but we tend to steam and barbecue more. When we stir fry it is with minimal oil, usually coconut. We also eat far more fish than meat and I usually have rice in small portions.My sweet tooth is usually content with an odd biscuit with a coffee or an occasional ice cream

Sounds Like I married one of the Old School then. :thumbsup:  Follows Mamas traits but my Wife is one of 9 and cooking for that amount daily demanded some reactive thinking to keep in the then Budget I guess. Today to my dislike, My wife sometimes cooks 3 different meals. to cater for taste, me I will usually eat what is on the table. :)

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its not the budget its the quality of life we are all wanting, i could not live like many, and many could not live like me either,

I will have a budget and i will also have a reserve for the nice treats too, i am not a drinker but sometimes a cool beer will go down well, but sometime a cool lime cordial will be just as good,

My Ems could make a 3 day road kill look great and taste great too and if she did not tell me where it was from i would have thought it came from Gorden Ramsey ,

• Like 3