Wealthy Filipino Family Members

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I have no idea what you are talking about.

This is what I am talking about, it was your Statement Mike.

most of them just call me Doc, as I look after most of the medical concerns for family and immediate neighbours.

They are calling you Doc and it may be that if something went wrong you advised on then a problem for you could arise.

But OK you carry on.

Edit to spell check.

I am still not quite sure what you are getting at with these comments. I am highly trained and experienced, more than most doctors in the Philippines. In over 20 years I have never had any problems. The only problems I have is locals not knowing that I need my own space sometimes, especially when they come knocking on my door at 2am for someone that has fallen off their habai habai or something like that.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I am still not quite sure what you are getting at with these comments. I am highly trained and experienced, more than most doctors in the Philippines. In over 20 years I have never had any problems.

That is my point Mike, You are not a doctor, and should anything go wrong, you will be up for a few things,

All I am doing is saying I would be careful on this that's all. 

• Like 3

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I am still not quite sure what you are getting at with these comments. I am highly trained and experienced, more than most doctors in the Philippines. In over 20 years I have never had any problems.

That is my point Mike, You are not a doctor, and should anything go wrong, you will be up for a few things,

Jack I am well aware I am not a doctor, what I am is one of the most qualified intensive care and extended range paramedics in the country. After 30 years of practice, both in metro, rural, and remote in numerous countries around the world I think I know what I can and can't do.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack I am well aware I am not a doctor, what I am is one of the most qualified intensive care and extended range paramedics in the country. After 30 years of practice, both in metro, rural, and remote in numerous countries around the world I think I know what I can and can't do.

Then for peace of mind and to stop any Aggro, get them to call you Mike and not Doc

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

The only ones that think I am rich are the Neighbours !

as when we arrived back in 2011 we built a carport and bought a used Nissan Urvan !!

And then last year we demolished our small home and rebuilt a two story home with a balcony !!

And we still have the Nissan Urvan !! I suppose we are rich by most Filipinos but all we live on now are our pensions !

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Then for peace of mind and to stop any Aggro, get them to call you Mike and not Doc

I will excuse your ignorance because you are not a medical person, but it is not unusual for the indigenous population to call the treating ERP or ICP "doc", it is a term of affection, myself and my peers have been called it for years.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
have well to do family members now embrace your family closely and want you included in their life?

I have well-off relatives in my family and most of my parters' families have well-off relatives.  All of them are mostly polite and seem extremely relieved to have a family member (me) who does not ask them for money.  Other than that there is nothing noteworthy about wealthy relations.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I find ir good if any family member tell and/or act as they are rich, because then I can refer to them, if anyone ask me for money  :mocking:

My gf's family is just a bit above starving.

But I have said "Sorry we can't suit as married" to:

/a law Master student with an uncle in a position close under the mayor in one of the bigest cities, so I suppouse they are rich.

/A Filipina in high position in the school system wanted I marry her daughter. The daughter is nice and good looking enough, but don't suit me enough to marry. They have many land titles, so perhaps I will buy a part from them   :)

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Do you think i better stop them calling me BIG STEVE when i am wearing my swimming trunks , and just call me STEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE :hystery:

• Like 1