Wealthy Filipino Family Members

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My Brother -in- law is wealthy he tells me, what he means is, that he has the Best Credit rating in that part of the family, Unfortunately, he has as one would expect, the trappings of Wealth but the pit marks of being absolutely Covered in Credit debt.

So much so that I will agree wholeheartedly with DH on this. He could not even pay his part of the family bill for our mother-in- Laws recent hospitalization  Yet, buys a new Scalextric type Toy racing car for his Hobby On Credit of Course, he had to because I said No.

I have said this before, None of us really, have married into the Wealthier type Filipino families so we have to think OH! so what is the criteria for a local Wealthy family?

Just saying.

JP post-2148-0-92637400-1440754839.png

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have no idea what credit rating i am, i have a credit card but its paid straight away , i dont buy it unless i need it, , i am not rich but then again i am not poor, i am more healthy then wealthy i am thinking

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I define wealthy as:

-Being able to afford to send their kids abroad to study;

-Trips to Europe or North America twice a year and trips to Japan at whim;

- Not OFW money;

- Very luxurious homes in Manila, with personal security guards and drivers;

-Great art collection (of national artists);

- Preferred seating at high end restaurants and concerts;

That's all I can think of for now, but the list goes on.

My wife comes from a good, solid family, but not on the same financial standing as her friends and family. 

I remember our first trip to the Philippines - she had to set me straight.  Our dollars were not going to buy us their kind of wealth. 

Another thing I learned is that she is a welcome part of the family/barkada.  They view her as an equal - always have.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

MacBubba that is exactly what I was talking about.

I guess I was wrong about well off Filipinos not wanting to ever have anything to do with others not rich and famous. There are some who are thoughtful kind and open minded.

What we think is as Dave suggested they know we will not be asking anything we are family and frankly my wife is a sweetheart. My sister in law made an interesting observation some of the other ladies were very curious about my older son. Planning ahead thinking of future matches?  :hystery:

• Like 1