Asking For Cash/help

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Well I just had this happen last Saturday, brother of my girl rang 4 a.m. His youngest is in a private hospital and need money to secure her treatment. In their family there are 8 members that have jobs, who you gonna call ?????. Gave him the money didn't have to ask, he gave me his ATM card.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Chris, This has always been my Argument issue with my Wife and here sharing family, They only ever want to share the good things never the Responsibility thing.

In their family there are 8 members that have jobs, who you gonna call ?????.

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Chris, This has always been my Argument issue with my Wife and here sharing family, They only ever want to share the good things never the Responsibility thing.

In their family there are 8 members that have jobs, who you gonna call ?????.

Jack :thumbsup:

Has taken me a fair while to realise that Jack, now I just cough up, they know the routine also, concerning money lent = ATM card, I just go with the flow now, makes for an easy stress free life for me :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I just go with the flow now,

I take you point Chris and admire the train of thought but why is it, that the flow seems to have "lock gates" where we are concerned?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I take you point Chris and admire the train of thought but why is it, that the flow seems to have "lock gates" where we are concerned?

To be honest I just don't worry about it anymore, never going to change their mind set :1 (103): so Que Sera, Sera.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

To be honest I just don't worry about it anymore, never going to change their mind set :1 (103): so Que Sera, Sera.

post-2148-0-63947000-1449629628.jpg Nuff said EH?

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
Well I just had this happen last Saturday, brother of my girl rang 4 a.m. His youngest is in a private hospital and need money to secure her treatment. In their family there are 8 members that have jobs, who you gonna call ?????. Gave him the money didn't have to ask, he gave me his ATM card.

Nice one mate. You don't want to, but you have to.

Will address again on another thread the whole private hospital scene. One of my favorites.

This kind of stuff, sure you can also say no, but this keeps you in high standing in the family. I don't say no, but I limit the amount as much as possible. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
sure you can also say no, but this keeps you in high standing in the family.

Yep! and adds fuel to the Fire in my Opinion. My Wife is high Standing in the family by what she does not what we Give. She is the only one to take real Care of Mama. ME? my standing, couldn't give a RA they have all taken the P....s long enough.

edited because I am going word Blind  :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

to ADD, 18 months ago I set up a DDCO credit account for My nieces Debut which is on Friday this week, This morning her Mother came round to Borrow.

Where is the money from the account? Blah Blah Gone.

This is the last time for this part of the family, so my 14.000 Debut Gift has been spent by the parents and cost me another 9.000 Today.

YEP! I am very annoyed

chris49
Posted
Posted
Yep! and adds fuel to the Fire in my Opinion. My Wife is high Standing in the family by what she does not what we Give. She is the only one to take real Care of Mama. ME? my standing, couldn't give a RA they have all taken the P....s long enough.

Still it's a double edged sword, if you are strong enough not to give, or if you are willing to make some kind of judgement on the situation.

The private hospital is the classic really. They are already there with a treatment plan waiting for the cash.

I'm putting up a new thread, same topic.

• Like 1