Ecc Clearance

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I left here the last time 2 years ago and cannot remember what I had to do to get the ECC anybody done it lately

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I got one last May. Went to BI here in Manila, in and out really. Think it was like 2k pesos or there about.

To be honest about it I don't have any real memories good or bad. so either I am slipping into dementia or its not a big deal :unsure: .

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry but can someone please explain what "ECC" means?

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I left here the last time 2 years ago and cannot remember what I had to do to get the ECC anybody done it lately

Did one at Cebu BI main office, take passport, I think 2 pics, fill in the form cost was 500 pesos, need your finger prints taken, was in and out in 30 minutes. This was late last year, might have changed.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Exit Clearance Certificate. If you hold a 13A visa you need it to leave and reenter the country. And pay a fee naturally.

Bottom line Richie is the government will get into your pocket no matter what you do :hystery:  :hystery: . Pay occasionally to renew your tourist visa, or pay to get your 13a visa then pay each time u want to leave and reenter.

We cant say they didn't learn a few things from the Americans while we were here. :dance:  :dance:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well if it`s still that simple it will be ok in January. Thanks 

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Exit Clearance Certificate. If you hold a 13A visa you need it to leave and reenter the country. And pay a fee naturally.

Bottom line Richie is the government will get into your pocket no matter what you do :hystery: :hystery: . Pay occasionally to renew your tourist visa, or pay to get your 13a visa then pay each time u want to leave and reenter.

We cant say they didn't learn a few things from the Americans while we were here. :dance: :dance:

Thanks Scott, I dint think that applies to me because I don't have a visa here? I'm just filling extensions. I am also married so even I leave and come back I can show my marriage certificate and then I won't even need extensions!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I dint think that applies to me because I don't have a visa here? I'm just filling extensions

It also applies to tourists who have been in the country longer than 6 months.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Bottom line Richie is the government will get into your pocket no matter what you do :hystery: :hystery: . Pay occasionally to renew your tourist visa, or pay to get your 13a visa then pay each time u want to leave and reenter.

We cant say they didn't learn a few things from the Americans while we were here. :dance: :dance:

Thanks Scott, I dint think that applies to me because I don't have a visa here? I'm just filling extensions. I am also married so even I leave and come back I can show my marriage certificate and then I won't even need extensions!

Concur with above post. If you wish to avail yourself of the Balikbayan privilege on re entry then your wife has to be entering with you.

• Like 2

Dolby
Posted
Posted

After 6 months of tourist extensions you get it at BI.

I think it costs 500 p there,

I think they just check it if you have one at the airport.

• Like 1