Ecc Clearance

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have to go to BI for an extension in a few days and I'm going to ask them to clarify something... When I pay for my extension, my receipt shows a fee for ECC... The BI website breaks down the extension fees and shows a payment for our ECC each time... So do we need to pay again when we leave? Of maybe it's just a top up for the time since our last extension payment?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
ask them to clarify something

Bob...if you don't want to pull out what hair you have left on your profile picture................just pay the fee and be happy :hystery: .

Why? Either you wont understand the answer or not like it lololol. Just the other day I read an article in the Daily Inquirer about the "express lane" fee that we always get charged for but never see the "express lane". Turns out the fee was imposed to allow the BOI to pay overtime and do away with the famous "noon time break".

There is a bill somewhere in congress to lump all that money into the national budget and the BOI is saying that if they don't get to keep it, things will slow down for us. :1 (103):

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

ask them to clarify something

Bob...if you don't want to pull out what hair you have left on your profile picture................just pay the fee and be happy :hystery: .

Why? Either you wont understand the answer or not like it lololol. Just the other day I read an article in the Daily Inquirer about the "express lane" fee that we always get charged for but never see the "express lane". Turns out the fee was imposed to allow the BOI to pay overtime and do away with the famous "noon time break".

There is a bill somewhere in congress to lump all that money into the national budget and the BOI is saying that if they don't get to keep it, things will slow down for us. :1 (103):

It's an old picture... i have the complete shaved dome look now! Hehe!!!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah I saw that charge on my extension forms too... and yes you still have to pay for an ECC :)

I did mine in Iloilo.  Simple enough, bring some 2x2 pics (one web site said 5, one said 2 pics. I think it was 2).  Bring some handi wipes to get the ink off your hands.  They did not have any where I went, and somehow are not using electronic prints yet (welcome to the 20th century).  p500 and a simple form.  It is good for one month after issue.  You need to present it at the airport to leave.  I went on a Thursday morning and was told to come back Monday after lunch to get it - I assume the boss was taking a long weekend? 

As always - your mileage may vary.    :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Obviously I don't know how long any have been here but years ago we used to get a local Clearance for anyone over a 6 month stay.

This was in the days of the 16 month max stay  the charge was built in each Extension and so when you wanted to leave you just asked for a Clearance.Similar to the local BI Clearance to say you were OK to leave. Just before the 3 year stay came in, they then  decided to do a national one because we all started to move about more. So we had to go to a larger office and Pay. Of course they never removed the build up charge from the Extension Payment  and as we see here, those on 9 a Tourists Visa still get to pay I believe that no matter where you had your Extension done the BI had already had the money so any local office could issue the ECC. and you  pay the last little bit, depending if you had a 1 or 2 month extension. Of course things change and the BI are ones for grabbing what they can when they can. Another little charge for nothing!

This is the best and easiest way to say what I firmly believe is and has happened. maybe "BOB" will say yes or no to this when he extends next time. :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:post-2148-0-72943600-1440145987.png

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Maybe...

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Wow, so if I stay 6 months I cannot just go to the airport before I leave? I have to go get this ecc thing first? What next? I'll need a special permit to use the cr?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow, so if I stay 6 months I cannot just go to the airport before I leave? I have to go get this ecc thing first? What next? I'll need a special permit to use the cr?

Well you can go to the airport but you ain't gunna catch your flight, they actually do ask for and check the ECC. Cr's are easy do like the locals, any wall will do. There are many strange things in the PI, but to stop your self going completely bonkers :1 (103):  it's just better to do as they say, save you lot's of headaches, oh and smile a lot :thumbsup:

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I pay for my extension, my receipt shows a fee for ECC..

Someone must be screwing with you Bob because most of us only pay that at the 59 day extension.  It is an ECC exemption fee for those who plan to leave within 6 months.  After that it is a basic 2,930 pesos a month which is composed of these following fees:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

ITEM DESCRIPTION

2 Month

500 per month X 2 month of extension

Php 1, 000. 00

Application fee

300. 00

Certification Fee

500. 00

Express Fee

1, 000. 00

Legal Research Fee (LRF) for each immigration fee except Head Tax and Fines

30. 00

Visa Sticker Fee

TOTAL

PHP 2, 930. 00

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Dolby
Posted
Posted

I did time my travel just one day before ECC so I won't pay it. Coz I knew the clock would star again fresh when I come back.

The ECC is done to pretty much to clear the person of any obligations he/she might have left, in case.

Just make sure if you travel out of PI to be within 30 days of issuing you that ECC. I recall it was a letter that you showed at the point of exit.