Srrv (Special Resident Retirement Visa)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
(presumably) the 16month limit will/may apply.

Not any more, even satellite offices can grant the 3 year stay Since about march 2014

JP :tiphat:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

About 2 years ago they extended the SRRV Courtesy/Expanded Courtesy ($1500 + $1500 application fee) to ex-military from certain countries; only one's I'm certain of are the US and Australia... JJ may be able to pipe in here for an update.  For me as a single guy it's a good option over time, but if I do end up married there, then the 13A makes a lot more financial sense.  I'd definitely "try-before-you-buy" - on the visa that is, not a wife :lol:, well maybe a wife too - visit a couple of times if you haven't already, find an area you like, make sure you like the lifestyle and all it encompasses etc.  SRRV must be applied for in your country of origin.  I'm uncertain as to what restrictions are in place as to owning business, working etc.  

I'll stay on a tourist visa for a while then make my decision.  

Best to contact your local Phils consulate for up-to-date info or direct to the PRA (Philippine Retirement Authority), I've found both to be very helpful.  

http://pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

JustB
Posted
Posted

About 2 years ago they extended the SRRV Courtesy/Expanded Courtesy ($1500 + $1500 application fee) to ex-military from certain countries; only one's I'm certain of are the US and Australia... JJ may be able to pipe in here for an update. For me as a single guy it's a good option over time, but if I do end up married there, then the 13A makes a lot more financial sense. I'd definitely "try-before-you-buy" - on the visa that is, not a wife :lol:, well maybe a wife too - visit a couple of times if you haven't already, find an area you like, make sure you like the lifestyle and all it encompasses etc. SRRV must be applied for in your country of origin. I'm uncertain as to what restrictions are in place as to owning business, working etc.

Best to contact your local Phils consulate for up-to-date info or direct to the PRA (Philippine Retirement Authority), I've found both to be very helpful.

"SRRV be applied for in your country of origin"

Has that changed as well?

When I looked at it a couple of years ago, I hadn't been living in my country of origin for over 10 years & the only thing that needed to come from there was a Police clearance report which (for somebody from the UK) doesn't require being a resident to get.

Was living in Singapore for the previous 6 years & they stopped giving the "Good Conduct Clearance" reports (caused a few mates who were looking to move to Australia a load of problems) but the British Embassy just me gave an address to write to but as I said to the SRRV guy (at The Royal Mandaya Hotel in Davao), if I'd have done anything in Singapore that would get me a police record, I wouldn't be living in Singapore... Errrmm I haven't but I'm no longer living there [emoji12]

Can provide details of the place to apply in Davao & (somewhere) have a contact in Cebu if it helps... Sorry can't help with anywhere else...

JustB
Posted
Posted

I thought you had to go down the US$50,000 deposit route

I remember reading about the SRRV and deciding it was not for me but the program changes from time to time. What remains in memory is that the plan is age dependent so your age when you apply makes a difference. As I recall, the $50,000 was for someone who had not reached the maximum age?

I think it's changed (& continues to change) a lot since then, currently I believe (!!!) its US10k in the (an PRA accredited) bank irrespective of age, Income proof if over 50, another US$10k if you don't have it or are 35-50, US$50,000 (don't need the 1st US10k mentioned) if you want to use it for an investment (e.g buying a Condo).

Tomorrow? Who knows :)

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
"SRRV be applied for in your country of origin" Has that changed as well?

That's the advice I was given by the PRA last year, as with all things in Phils, I could depend on who you speak to.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

About 2 years ago they extended the SRRV Courtesy/Expanded Courtesy ($1500 + $1500 application fee) to ex-military from certain countries; only one's I'm certain of are the US and Australia... JJ may be able to pipe in here for an update.  For me as a single guy it's a good option over time, but if I do end up married there, then the 13A makes a lot more financial sense.  I'd definitely "try-before-you-buy" - on the visa that is, not a wife :lol:, well maybe a wife too - visit a couple of times if you haven't already, find an area you like, make sure you like the lifestyle and all it encompasses etc.  SRRV must be applied for in your country of origin.  I'm uncertain as to what restrictions are in place as to owning business, working etc.  

A friend of mine in Gensan, has the SRRV. He is married but prefers to retain his present status. He has been here now for 23 years. Not sure about business restrictions as he has business here, rentals, in Davao, and a really nice resort in Gensan. Not sure either about home country application as he moved here after years in Thailand and Singapore!

• 3 weeks later...
Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

What are the steps for completing the SRRV Process? If you have to apply for the SRRV Visa from your home country how do you set up the bank account and deposit the $10,000 without entering the country. At what point do you pay the $1,500 application fee. Does anyone have a list of the steps in order?

JustB
Posted
Posted (edited)

I looked into it when I was in Davao (there's an office in the Royal Mandaya hotel) & the only thing I seemed to need from my home country was the police clearance.

Ended up not doing it at that time but got the impression that it was straight forward enough [emoji106]

Edited by JustB

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I know someone who got an SRRV with the lower deposit requirement because he was a US military veteran. He did it after he arrived in the Philippines and it only took 3-4 months. He contacted the PRA (Philippine Retirement Authority) and one of their representatives walked him through the process. I recommend you get this done after you arrive but bring with you the necessary documents.

• 2 weeks later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

If you have served in the US Military and at the end of your term was given an honorable discharge than the required deposit drops to $1,500.  The Special Resident Retiree's Visa (:SRRV") is a visa issued by the Bureau of Immigration through the Philippine Retirement Authority.

Good to know, but where in the official literature does it state that?  The diplomat SRRV says $1,500, so do US military veterans fall into that category?  Would very much like to avoid encumbering $10K in a no-interest bank account.  Thanks!