Srrv (Special Resident Retirement Visa)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
so do US military veterans fall into that category?

Don't worry about it Max :thumbsup:

Since your married to a Filipina, you qualify for the Balikbayan Visa. Good for 1 year, during which time you can get your 13A visa.

Search those two topics and all will be fine.

If you were a US Military I am going to use a term your familiar with---------KISS RULE, and another DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

Use the Balikbayan, its all you need

• Like 2

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

so do US military veterans fall into that category?

Since your married to a Filipina, you qualify for the Balikbayan Visa. Good for 1 year, during which time you can get your 13A visa.

Yes, but I would like to work while I'm there and the SRRV supposedly supports working in-country (with application).  Although perhaps another form of visa would facilitate that easier.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes, but I would like to work while I'm there and the SRRV supposedly supports working in-country (with application).  Although perhaps another form of visa would facilitate that easier.

You have the Right to Work on a 13a. It is one of the few Rights we have here.You don't need a Work Permit, all you do is tell the DOLE what you are doing.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you have served in the US Military and at the end of your term was given an honorable discharge than the required deposit drops to $1,500.  The Special Resident Retiree's Visa (:SRRV") is a visa issued by the Bureau of Immigration through the Philippine Retirement Authority.

Good to know, but where in the official literature does it state that?  The diplomat SRRV says $1,500, so do US military veterans fall into that category?  Would very much like to avoid encumbering $10K in a no-interest bank account.  Thanks!

The individual I mentioned who got an SRRV got the special one for military veterans which only required the $1,500 deposit and around $1,400 in fees. Plus this visa has much lower annual renewal costs. I think around $30 a year to renew.

Edited by earthdome