Indigestion & Heartburn!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Being a Stroke survivor, I take health a little more seriously maybe  than the Average person.

Regular Checks up and maintenance meds are a Strict routine but even after all the years here, Following the Dietitians advice and getting into the Filipino regime of eating, times etc; I have recently (4 months maybe) Found I am starting to suffer Indigestion and at night Heartburn. At my last Visit to the Doctor she just said maybe it is your Diet. now as we all know, Dietitians advice costs. This not about money as that is really immaterial, it is more about paying to get results that give me the very thing I went to get sorted.So another Visit to the Dietitian.

Last month I went on a 2000 per day calorie Diet which has reduced my cholesterol greatly but has not removed this indigestion and heart burn problem.

I am I getting something wrong?

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm sure we have medical people on the forum that can help you, but as a long term sufferer of 'heartburn' it falls upon me to tell you that just about anything you drink will cause it if you have that malady.  :cheersty:

http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/features/top-10-heartburn-foods

Alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, chocolate and fruit drinks will all give you acid.  Best of luck.  Different medicines work for different people but maybe there is someone here who knows of a miracle cure?  

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Dave, you are bang on with the drinks being a major cause...

Jack, try this for a week... Ease back on the rice (maybe half your normal amount) and eat several biscuits (there goes Bob and his soda crackers again... Hehe) before you imbibe in liquid refreshment for the night... If you see any improvement at all, you've found your culprit... No, not the bisquits! Hehe! Seriously, even if you still get that indigestion but not until later in the night, this indicates the evening (or afternoon) liquid refreshments is the problem... If you see no difference at all - or if you get it every night regardless if you have a drink of anything or plain water, it indicates your stomach is either producing too much acid or not enough... Try a touch of baking soda in a glass of water... If there is no relief or it gets worse? Flip it the other way... A glass of water with a natural vinegar such as apple cider vinegar should help... A teaspoon in a glass of water is fine... Now if this gets worse as well, it is almost guarantied not to be your diet! Stress, ulcers, reactions to drugs or some other will probably the issue.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Being a Stroke survivor, I take health a little more seriously maybe  than the Average person.

Regular Checks up and maintenance meds are a Strict routine but even after all the years here, Following the Dietitians advice and getting into the Filipino regime of eating, times etc; I have recently (4 months maybe) Found I am starting to suffer Indigestion and at night Heartburn. At my last Visit to the Doctor she just said maybe it is your Diet. now as we all know, Dietitians advice costs. This not about money as that is really immaterial, it is more about paying to get results that give me the very thing I went to get sorted.So another Visit to the Dietitian.

Last month I went on a 2000 per day calorie Diet which has reduced my cholesterol greatly but has not removed this indigestion and heart burn problem.

Are you taking any preventative meds for stroke? Like low dose baby aspirin 80 or 100 mgm?

How about any med for the reduction of gastric secretions?

Since I said on the other thread I am not going to actually recommend meds, I will tell you what to do after you answer.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack P,

Have you consider about cleaning your pipes?  I'm talking about colonic cleansing.  I bought some OTC products

from WalFart and was surprised of all the chit that came out of me.  I treated every bowl movement like a science

project and it wasn't pretty.  Having all those unwanted materials stuck in my large colon for a long time resulted

in my overall weight reduction and boost in energy.  

Besides watching your diet, may I suggest watching your stress level as well.  Stay healthy and may the Force be

with you.....he, he.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Cant help on this one boys, i just pop in a Renni and then all seems well,

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack P,

Have you consider about cleaning your pipes?  I'm talking about colonic cleansing.  I bought some OTC products

from WalFart and was surprised of all the chit that came out of me.  I treated every bowl movement like a science

project and it wasn't pretty.  Having all those unwanted materials stuck in my large colon for a long time resulted

in my overall weight reduction and boost in energy.  

Besides watching your diet, may I suggest watching your stress level as well.  Stay healthy and may the Force be

with you.....he, he.

I have to ask Jake is this something you have to do or is it all down to some sort of PLEASURE :mocking:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Have you consider about cleaning your pipes?  I'm talking about colonic cleansing.

Odd you should say that, My Doctor was dead set against it. Why I am not sure, but heed i did.

we had a Topic whist you were on leave that made a lot of us think and I mentioned it to her, I thought her head may have come off with that much Head shake,  OH No No No Sir, too drastic with your main Problem.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My father used to drink this mylanta stuff, not sure if its available there. Some info on heartburn, http://www.mylanta.com/about-heartburn-and-gas.html

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Do you still have your gallbladder? This is where the bile (Stomache Acid) is produced and stored. May be over producing.

• Like 1