Indigestion & Heartburn!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Do you still have your gallbladder? This is where the bile (Stomache Acid) is produced and stored. May be over producing.

Still got most things Steve just some don't work as good as they used to, next check up I will ask the Doc about this.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
Have you consider about cleaning your pipes?  I'm talking about colonic cleansing.  I bought some OTC products from WalFart and was surprised of all the chit that came out of me.

So Funny mate

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Being a Stroke survivor, I take health a little more seriously maybe  than the Average person.

Regular Checks up and maintenance meds are a Strict routine but even after all the years here, Following the Dietitians advice and getting into the Filipino regime of eating, times etc; I have recently (4 months maybe) Found I am starting to suffer Indigestion and at night Heartburn. At my last Visit to the Doctor she just said maybe it is your Diet. now as we all know, Dietitians advice costs. This not about money as that is really immaterial, it is more about paying to get results that give me the very thing I went to get sorted.So another Visit to the Dietitian.

Last month I went on a 2000 per day calorie Diet which has reduced my cholesterol greatly but has not removed this indigestion and heart burn problem.

I am I getting something wrong?

JP :tiphat:

Hey Jack P,

Have you consider about cleaning your pipes?  I'm talking about colonic cleansing.  I bought some OTC products

from WalFart and was surprised of all the chit that came out of me.  I treated every bowl movement like a science

project and it wasn't pretty.  Having all those unwanted materials stuck in my large colon for a long time resulted

in my overall weight reduction and boost in energy.  

Besides watching your diet, may I suggest watching your stress level as well.  Stay healthy and may the Force be

with you.....he, he.

I have to ask Jake is this something you have to do or is it all down to some sort of PLEASURE :mocking:

OOH Stevie boy ouch

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Jack I had similar problems,

After test's I was told nothing major.

Hiatus hernia (If spelt correctly) was the cause.

Prescribed Omeprazole 20mg tabs

Like any medicine always check whether it conflict's with any other medicine you are taking,

or other conditions you may have. That's why it's important to consult your Doctor.

It sorted me out after about three weeks (to much stress can play apart too!)

Next patient :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Second the advice of Kuya, try omeprazole.  I have to take the 40 mg and makes the world of difference.  That being said, you should check with your MD.  FYI for me I have duodenal ulcer and also GERD, gastro esophageal reflux disease (not sure of spelling), but you get the general idea.  In addition had to have to have the gall bladder removed.  Symptoms/pain for ulcer and gall bladder are similar and will require tests to determine if either and/or both are the problem.  Best of luck my friend, I really do know the pain you are feeling.  Life with continuous pain can be an absolute bitch, but it sure is nice when it stops hurting!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

DavidK
Posted
Posted

As previously mentioned, Rennies, or other antacid of your choice. That's what I use. It works and has the advantage of not requiring any change in lifestyle.

Curley
Posted
Posted

As previously mentioned, Rennies, or other antacid of your choice. That's what I use. It works and has the advantage of not requiring any change in lifestyle.

Yeah, stuff your body with chemicals so that you can carry on abusing it. Seriously, a change in your eating and drinking habits is called for, no alcohol on an empty stomach is a vital rule to follow if you suffer from gastric problems, don't go to bed on a full stomach either. A nice stroll after a meal is an excellent aid to digestion. Those little blue pills will also give gastric problems.

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Yeah, stuff your body with chemicals so that you can carry on abusing it

That's the plan. Hopefully those chemicals will get better and better as I get older. I only ever drink alcohol on an empty stomach, helps me to have room for larger quantities of it.

Your postscript seems a little out of place with the content of your message?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Cant help on this one boys, i just pop in a Renni and then all seems well,

Rennies only hide the symptoms, don't solve the reason,

so it's bad if it isn't just a temporary problem.

DavidK
Posted
Posted

True, if it's chronic it can burn through your oesophagus.