Indigestion & Heartburn!

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Don't eat or drink anything at least two hours before bed, except water. If you feel stomach acid or indigestion coming one drink a half cup of milk.  The milk neutralizes the acid. Has always worked for me. I only have the problem if I eat too late and then go to bed. Your digestive system is trying to break down the food, producing the acid, but when you lay down, the acid creeps up into the esophagus, causing irritation and indigestion. Drink a half cup of milk and stay upright for at least 15 minutes.    

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 The milk neutralizes the acid. Has always worked for me.

Very dangerous advice, in my opinion.  In the event the heartburn is caused by a stomach ulcer you get the following result:

Will drinking milk help cure an ulcer?

No. Milk can make your ulcer worse. Milk provides brief relief of ulcer pain because it coats the stomach lining. But milk also stimulates your stomach to produce more acid and digestive juices, which can aggravate ulcers.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases_conditions/hic_Peptic_Ulcer_Disease

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I concur  Hounddriver, However the term Ulcers was never mentioned only Indigestion. Therefore my advice is sound and has worked for me for many years. 

• Like 2