Do You Ever Get Homesick?

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

So whites have it hard now in the US? That's news to me and I do not feel sorry for police that shoot someone for a pretty crime or in some cases no crime.

As for being home sick,

I love my new wife and our life here but I do miss my family back home, my high speed internet and a few other things so yes, I get home sick occasionally. The funny thing is when I am home I can't wait to get out of there.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I do not feel sorry for police t

:bash:  :1927_:

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I do not feel sorry for police t

:bash: :1927_:

I said the police that shoot people over a petty crime.

• 1 year later...
intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 03/09/2015 at 1:33 PM, mogo51 said:

I hhave been coming and going to Thailand for more than 8 years, more time here than in Australia.  13

months ago I made my permanent move.  

I have a great Filipino partner here and very lucky in that regard.  Boredom is my biggest enemy.

Often I find myself thinking of back home, but I suppose that is normal.

I am an economic expat but also enjoy my life with my partner and I am so fortunate.

But those memories come back  from time to time. Am I alone on this or do others have the same

experiences?

Hey mogo,

I revived this old thread because I find myself in a similar situation as you.  Been coming and going to the Philippines for over 10 years.  Made the permanent move about six months ago.  I guess that's where the the differences begin.  I'm married with a 10 year old daughter so that keeps me busy and out of boredom.  We have been very busy settling and getting ready to build a house. (Why every time I backspace the colar changes to red?  I keep changing it black and then reverts to red!)  But there are some down times, not bored yet, and cant say homesick. Also there are some things I miss, but have replaced them with new things here.   But I wonder in the future if boredom will set in and with it homesick.  So mogo, how is it gone for you now?  Are you comfortable and satisfied with you move?  Are you still planing your move to the Philippines?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I do get homesick but not for the UK I get homesick for this place.Home is where the heart is.I just backspaced and my colour stayed black haha.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I get homesick. As soon as I figure out where home is I'm going to go there, obligations permitting, of course.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I am "homesick" for the buffets in Manila.  We will be there in the Philippines in November, with the last 5 days spent in Manila. We will bypass our regular buffets (Vikings, Buffet 101 and Dad's), and try Spiral (in Sofitel Hotel, with an incredible cheese room) and Alba (Spanish buffet).

Yes, I am a Canadian whose home is in Toronto, but I think of the Philippines as home as well.

• Like 3