Do You Ever Get Homesick?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Intrepid, Still stuck here in Pattaya. Still 11 months to go on our lease, so have o sucked it up and wait. I have my moments but basically coping ok here. I have a great partner and that helps. We are off to Phils tomorrow for 2 weeks,so I am looking forward to that. Only to Luzon so SO can see family, mother has been ill lately and she is keen to see her. I will just wait at the hotel as I officially 'don't exist' but that does not worry me. Will catch up with Chris49 in Candon City on 11th October and looking forward to that. If any other members in Candon, we will meet at McDonalds 10.30am on 11th, pop in if about. We are also in Subic Freeport on 14th to 18th Oct. if any members are about, we are staying at the Peninsula HOtel (hope I made a reasonable choice, but seems ok). Angeles 19th to 21st Oct. Just drop a line if anyone wants to catch up and have a chat.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I may strive to exist unofficially. Sounds like a good plan!:smile:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Pity not following month as we plan a trip around Luzon at that time.

Have read the many informative posts of Chris so look forward to your coming reports. 

Wish the best mogo for your right decision where to live in the future as well as best for your partners family.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On October 4, 2016 at 8:48 PM, scott h said:

Just returned from a 3 week run to the states. 2 weeks in san diego, 1 week in wash dc. I found that Scott doesn't live there anymore. Oh sure I gorged  on fresh milk and carne asada burritos, meet a few old friends and my siblings. But other than a few things like that....naw don't really miss it.

Now it might just be me, but the states sure seem "chickified" now (sorry queenie :whistling:). The first thing I see off the plane??? A unisex bathroom,,,,,:hystery: WTF??

All in all. Homesick? NOT!!

Yes we now have men's rooms, women's rooms, and Bruce rooms. Except North Carolina where no matter which gender you are feeling you still must use the correct rest room.

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted

About the only things I miss back in the States is reliable electric power and internet. Also miss the trout fishing in the high mountains of Southern Utah. Other than that I can't really think of anything I miss. Homesick? Nope, not even once. Seems we stay busy enough with our children and other activities that boredom and feeling homesick doesn't happen.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Blondes

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I do get torn between wanting to spend time with my 81 year old mother or be with my 21 year old wife.  Its too bad they have to live half a world apart.  Its life.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have missed being on here does that count :thumbsup:

• Like 4