Do You Ever Get Homesick?

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

I have a special version of homesickness. In year 2005 I was moving to Cartagena for work 14 months there. And as I did arrived there I had the strange feeling like I was coming home. No chains, easy living and quite reliable utilities. This caused me some degree of homesickness till today. Here in Switzerland I have the feeling of being chained and void of freedom. This in addition of the bad weather in the winter half year (fog, rain or snow), and with overstressed (and unfriendly) people there. But there are some stuff, which are good in Switzerland: Cheese, reliable highspeed internet, good and reliable public transport and some more. What I would miss from Switzerland: Cheese, riding a tramway/streetcar/trolleybus and the chess club.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

the chess club

You may be interested to find that a lot of locals enjoy chess and there are many chess clubs here.  They are not bad players, as in the bottom rung of the chess club can beat me 3 out of 4 games

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Have been in middle east almost ten years now............only thing i miss from home (UK) is the greenery.

Couple more years and plenty of greenery in PI thats for sure.  Cant wait for that day and chuff chart and calendar gets crossed off each month.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2016 at 0:03 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

Blondes

They are here in Pattaya (Russians) but also the locals try the 'blonde' thing, it just does not work on Asian women.

• Like 4