Another Wine Grizzle

Mike S
Posted
Posted

As there are a number of nice places to stay in the Cebu area I personally would find another hotel

we have been staying at Saltimbocca Tourist Inn Bacolod

Are you in Bacolod, Mike?  Maybe you could suggest a more suitable Inn?

We personally stayed at the 10st Bed and Breakfast ..... people were really great but we didn't try and bring in any wine .... last wine I remember drinking was Anny Green Springs Apple wine ..... but it wasn't any good unless you had some herbs to smoke with it ..... but that was many years ago in a land far far away .....

I think I did a post on the Inn several years ago with some pictures and I believe prices .... no idea how to search for it .... if someone could help find it it might just be the ticket ...... for Bacolod anyway .... no idea about Cebu .... that was to far back and us ol' fellers don't remember much any more ..... :tiphat: :1 (103):

:cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What I get sick of is by post number two someone is always changing the subject. From this day on if the same members keep stuffing up topics I will use the ban from topic feature. The topic is about corkage not the temp of wine. Simple is it not? 

:1 (103):

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

What I get sick of is by post number two someone is always changing the subject. From this day on if the same members keep stuffing up topics I will use the ban from topic feature. The topic is about corkage not the temp of wine. Simple is it not? 

1%20(103).gif

Banning from the topic, Mr JGF, would be your perogative.

Wine in the fridge for chilling is mentioned twice in the original post. One would have to be psychic to know that's not part of the topic. Wine, corkage, chilling, management policies and corkage in other similar establishments.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just noticed this topic is posted in the "Where to stay"

Doe's that mean we are all banned.

Maybe I should start a thread about Tampons or just put a cork in it!

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Just noticed this topic is posted in the "Where to stay"

Doe's that mean we are all banned.

Maybe I should start a thread about Tampons or just put a cork in it!

As OP the question to me was where to put the topic.

As the main intention of the post was a grizzle over what I considered unfair treatment of a hotel in regard to their changeable wine policy I decided Where to stay was appropriate. The intention of the post was to get comments on this policy, JGF is correct in saying we have gone off course. Although temperature was mentioned this was not the main issue of my post.

I think Mike S summed it up best, kinda face saving by management as it's more important than business. Further I just love his comment they don't care if you return or not....we have nothing else left other than say ...we not return.

Please more input into whether or not it's fair and reasonable by management to charge if one has unopened wine in luggage or car with no intention to drink same on premises.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Please more input into whether or not it's fair and reasonable by management to charge if one has unopened wine in luggage or car with no intention to drink same on premises.

I thought I had RBM

It is quite nornmal for resturants to charge Corkage or refuse customers to bring their own wine into the premises.

Personally if I own a resturant I would refuse to uncork wine not purchased in my resturant.

As a hotel owner they would be the house rules.

Unopened bottles in luggage or car would not concern me.

If I felt offended by the policies of the establisment I would not return.

When conversation flows and the subject matter changes slightly is no reason to get upset.

just my opinion...JB

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Personally if I own a resturant I would refuse to uncork wine not purchased in my resturant.

I have heard a lot about this trend, in many places around the world, to bring your own wine (liquor laws permitting).  Simply Google "Restaurants to bring your own wine"  to find a lot of them.

The concept is good because there is a HUGE assortment of wine in this world and no one restaurant could be expected to cater the the tastes of each wine connoisseur, so let them bring their own and just charge a fee.  But this thread is about a place that did it for free.  Should they keep doing it for free?  Reminds me of some senior citizen ladies in my country who would sit in a restaurant and ask for a cup of water.  Heated and with cream and sugar of course because they brought their own tea bag.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
I have heard a lot about this trend, in many places around the world, to bring your own wine (liquor laws permitting). Simply Google "Restaurants to bring your own wine" to find a lot of them.

Yes Dave,

In the village where I live we have a Indian resturant, whether because of their beliefs I'm not sure, but they dont have a licence to sell liquor, so they allow you to bring your own. I understand that people may like a certain brand and prefer to pay corkage to drink it.

Many resturants keep their meals reasonably cheaper and make up the difference by selling drinks to stay in business.

At the end of the day house rules are house rules,we either accept them or find somewhere else to dine.

Apart from a trip to Boracay, I have never felt overcharged in any food establishment in Philippines. :cheersty:

• Like 3