Here are some pics, if you would rather just look at pics   

post-2148-0-78955400-1441679310.jpg  post-2148-0-60690700-1441679328_thumb.jp

JP :thumbsup:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yes, the board is regulation height.  Also, the board & backboard are easily removable to store out of the weather :)

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes, the board is regulation height.  Also, the board & backboard are easily removable to store out of the weather :)

OK Tim! but I hope you have a His and Hers "Oche" if she is anything like my Wife. Should you use her Oche you could pin the tail on the Donkey from her Line  :hystery:

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

A very nice abode Tim ,I hope you win the argument.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Nice place mate, love the location too. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I like it so far.  Been here about 3 weeks.  First electric came in at p1,200.  Not sure how much of our time was covered on that - waiting for our first full month.  I expect about p4,000 a month.

I went to a birthday party the other day at a friend's house (local).  OMG I was amazed!  His house was crazy huge, and his lot went on forever.  The patio we were on was bigger than my house.  (he had at least 5 patios - one on it's own island!).  His bahay kubo has a tiled cr floor, western toilet, and shower!  I love his pool.  It is small but has a pump to make a current so he can swim  "laps".  It is like a water treadmill.  He even has a pond stocked with catfish, and another pond stocked with tilapia.   Wonder what his electric bill is? 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Very nice

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

i check out your youtube channel tuka you have a lovely home there and myself i like the yellow also congrats to you and your wife !! :thumbsup:

O-U-C :thumbsup: :cheersty:

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

We got free land from mother in law. Gina's share. But no Deed of Sale, something that could crop up later.

We spent 250k with the tiling, but after cementing the walls we did not paint. Same size as you, just under 5x5 metres=25 square metres.

The patio verandah is there unfinished, but we are about to start Phase 2, we put the foundation of course in the beginning, and the walls, so we will add the roof, 4x5 slightly smaller than the main house.

Phase 3 is another extension in front. Car parking and a sort of Nipa hut but with cement posts instead of bamboo. Labig (thatched roof)

Phase 4 is the kitchen extended to the back, but it will be later.

Phase 2 to be completed before the baptism 7 November.

As with Tim, in a province and not in a city, if you have land you can do this using 100% local materialsand family labor. You need 2 builders who know what they are doing, the family provides the support like carrying materials, mixing cement and generally being around.

We usually provide basic food for the family. So while the workers are here just expand that so everyone eats lunch, even me and Gina. Then a few bottles of coke with a snack twice a day. 350/day for the laborers, nothing except food for the family. Per tradition at the end of the week you give out a few bottles of gin and they do their Filipino thing after getting paid.

In this system you try to set a time limit eg our first house was built in 3 weeks. We previously built an separate CR (60K) with septic tank in 6 days. You do this to minimize expenses. So enforce those targets. EDIT: actually 12 days, the excavation and blocking and cementing the septic tanks was in addition to the 6 days building the CR.

Edited by chris49