Just Moved Into Our New House

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well... they finished the porch but she said the guys were coming back today... to build a fence... what fence?  We need a fence?  I really do not get my memos....

Probably to keep you in?  You've come a long way from that nipa hut a couple years ago.  Well done shipmate!

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Nice! 

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Well... they finished the porch but she said the guys were coming back today... to build a fence... what fence?  We need a fence?  I really do not get my memos....

Haven't you heard Tim? Foreigners don't get memos, they get the bills! :hystery:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

They just finished the fence.  Just a diamond weave bamboo fence.  I don't like it - blocks my view of the sunset... 

My wife, and her uncle, said we needed it for "protection".  Like a bamboo slat fence is really going to stop anyone that is up to no good?   I could kick it down and barely slow down as I walk over it ha ha...   but it was cool watching how they split the bamboo into the slats.  They make it look so easy.    :tiphat:

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-4921-0-57671200-1442767267_thumb.jppost-4921-0-79753000-1442767537_thumb.jp

Here's some verification of some I of the stuff I mention from time to time.

A recent picture taken in 2012 of an original Sri Lankan Colonial Tea Plantation. Bought in 1989, as a retirement home. Owned by my ex wife and under the future ownership of my kids. She per agreement allows me to use the place, which I do from time to time. House 20 acres of disused tea, still under cultivation. Per agreeement I can run this place if ever I live there. Have tried but becomes boring after a month or so as compared to the Philippines.

The second shot is the house I had built by a contractor in West Fairview QC. It's a front unit town house backed by 3 other units, hence the for sale sign. I was allowed to expand frontwards up to 3 metres from the road, but the balcony extended over the 3 metre limit.

There is a long back story on the ownership of this unit, suffice to say it is not in my name,

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Still practicing my downloads. 

And next we will come to the 300, 000 peso house constructed her just north of Vigan. Photo's seem to be in Gina's Facebook so later will post. Looks something like Tim's house, cemented but still unpainted. Roof extension still to go on which will create a 2nd room, open front to a patio type area.

Photo's coming up. More photo's of the first 2 places available on request.

• Like 2