Trike Manufacturer?

Removed
Posted
Posted

I have seen lots of motorized tricycles in the P.I., some are enclosed side-cars attached to motorcycles, while a few of them are like SE Asian "tuk-tuks" (a 3-wheeled motorized vehicle with driver in front and 2 to 4 passengers in back, like a jeepney, or 2 passengers side by side), also called a "motorella" or "auto-rickshaw".  Most of these are for commercial use, but I'm wondering why not buy one for private use?  

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who has an email?  I have not decided yet if I want one with a side-car, or if I want a "tuk-tuk" style.  Either way, I want to build it brand new, not buy an old used one, and I do not want an electric one.  Any resources for buying these?  (see photo attached)

Thanks!

post-5486-0-49439300-1441811424_thumb.jp

post-5486-0-22630800-1441811636_thumb.jp

post-5486-0-49477300-1441811782_thumb.jp

post-5486-0-87734900-1441811989_thumb.jp

post-5486-0-26733500-1441812046_thumb.jp

post-5486-0-80048600-1441812118.jpeg

post-5486-0-05051200-1441812200.jpeg

post-5486-0-63469400-1441812237.jpg

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Google "tricycad builders Philippines", that should get you started.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know an American and when I see him I will ask where he had his made.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Google "tricycad builders Philippines

Since  am retired, with nothing to do I did just that. There is a facebook page but most web pages seem to be for the E-trike that some folks are trying to get off the ground.

But with the well know ingenuity of the Filipino I am positive that once your on the ground you will be able to just ask around and some one will point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Some great designs, very interesting thank you.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have a Tricycle maker in ( well 2 or 3 actually) in and around Dumaguete but internet is not there Bag sort of thing, Boots on the ground I think for this one! :)

JP :tiphat:

Morning all :morning1:

• Like 3

Removed
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys!  I will be there in a few months (God willing) and will ask around.  Still, let me know if you find someone - that will save me some hassle!  Thanks again!

chris49
Posted
Posted

All over they are available but not the fancy type.

There is the all steel one like for transporting goods and animals. And the pre fab but somewhat customized aluminum one.

You need a 150 cc motorcycle to handle the weight. They cost 100k or below and the sidecar costs 70-80k.Hope you know they are not the most comfortable mode of transportation with primitive spring coil suspension.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
 I will be there in a few months (God willing) and will ask around.

Are you a sailor Life?

Will you be plying the waters of Fil?

Nice hat!!

jon1
Posted
Posted

One thing that you will find is the designs vary by locale. The ones in Mindanao are larger and more enclosed (much better suited for rainy season). The ones in zambales are much smaller suited for smaller people. As you travel the islands you will see what I mean.

• Like 2