Trike Manufacturer?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I mean as to the cost ref the quotes above, which are for building the sidecar. But do not mention the cost of doing the conversion on the bike, the axle, the extra wheel and the frame which it sits on.

I am quoted here 70-80k for the complete job. The quotes above are lower but that's only for building thesidecar, which is only half the job. The sidecar still has to be fitted onto the frame over the extended axle and wheel.

Here there is a type which fits a sidecar over a steel frame. Occassionally the owner might remove the sidecar and use the steel box thing to transport livestock eg pigs and the food. If the person has the intention of using the sidecar as family transportation, it might be better to go with an ownwer jeep, same principle, frame over the bare chasis. About 300k all in.

Yes Chris you are quite right, all that needs to be addressed and I am sure the OP will think hard when it is realized that although we (The PI)  may be a little backward  :hystery: (50 years) Vehicle Registrations [ well lack of the proper paperwork] is a big earner here for some LTO and PNP and oh! so many get caught out for modifying a vehicle and not reporting it.

Just saying that's all.

JP :tiphat: