Do You Have Children With Your Filipina Partner?

chris49
Posted
Posted

Clearly here I'm spinning off El Negrito's thread about possibly choosing a Filipina partner. And another recent thread about step children.

So do you in fact have children with your current partner?

What were the factors in deciding that?

Have you in fact mutually agreed agreed not to have any?

Will you be sending the children back to your country of origin at any point?

Do you and your partner agree on the above? The decision to have children or not to have?

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Lots may not agree with what i will say about this , but its my choice,

Ems would love to have a child , she has no children of her own , at first we spoke about children but its not in my future plans, i feel i am to old , I married Ems to be with her not to have children, and with both our busy lives and Ems earning money she has never had in her life we had to make that choice ,

If i was in my 40s when we meet it would be different but in my 50s time is passing me by plus Ems too,

I have thought about once over in the Philippines in a few years time , maybe we could look at adoption that way Ems could bring a child into her life and to care for plus have someone to care for her once i have gone ,

Am i being selfish who knows , but its what i and hopefully Ems have chosen

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just to add to this , the adoption thing Ems has no idea about that, its just something that i have been thinking off

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately it is a No go for us. As I said in another Topic I would have loved another child as would Azon but it's not to be but I will say that should that be the Road any one walks you can kiss your $1000, $2000 maybe even $3000 per month Budget Goodbye. Has anyone really taken note of the Cost of Bringing up kids our way today, not even thinking of the education Side yet.

last Month alone ours cost us over 23.000 peso,  of course she is 16 and a Little lady but they have a habit of getting to that age and this is something we older people must think about, OK when we are Here and Living but....................... :rolleyes:

Anyway, best of luck everyone, Remembering though, that Kids can either make or Break a Marriage  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I'm not there yet, but I aim at starting a dynasty  :lol:   

geting 2-3 kids.

We haven't discussed it any much, I have just checked how many she want.  I don't want 10  :mocking:   I don't want 1 either, because such get often spoiled and over protected, which give many of them problems in relations as grown ups.

I DON'T plan to bring my kids to Sweden, except perhaps for a visit if my mother will be alive still when the kids are at least 3-4 years old, so they will remember anything.  (An other possible reason can be if any of them get seriously ill, needing expensive treatment.)

Concerning education I hope they want a work, which DON'T need license, so they don't need a formal exam, just the KNOWLEDGE. If so they can do as I did: 

(I went to College one semester, but I found them teaching to slow :)   and to old methods! So I skiped college and have studied much by myself, sometimes made grade tests without having any tutor.  It did cost very litle.)

I hope my kids will do something similar. They don't need exams to get work in the family business - only a good enough attitude :)

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted

I am clearly delusional on several levels because Janet and I are trying. I have 2 latter teens now (1 in college, 1 in high school). Raised them with mother and as a divorce parent. I had a great time (until they hit their teens that is :) ). 

Contrary to what most people say I never found kids to be all that expensive. That is, most of our major monthly expenses in the West are fixed: mortgage/rent, car, insurances, etc. Throw in a little more for food and clothing and you've added a child. The biggest cost of having kids in the US is child care, since most Western wives need or want to work. But Janet won't work once she is pregnant and I suspect that once we move to PI a helper might be added at a modest cost. And of course US Social Security helps if and when we have one.

So I am looking forward to it. But again I am delusional!

• Like 2

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I'm really torn over this one. I have a friend in the Philippines who swears he won't have [any more] children. Then, there are you who are aged (60+) who want them. I, myself, have no children from my marriage (unless you count my late wife). I get the distinct feeling it will just happen, I'll deal with it, and consequences be damned!

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
We have a 3 year old cousin that comes over sometimes... he is great for about 15 minutes. Then I am done. My brother says the same thing about his grand kids ha ha... :tiphat:
I told my gf I prefer grandchildren, but she think I better get kids first !!!  :)
  • Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

US Citizen kids with a passport and an SS number get a monthly allowance on top of your SS. It's a big amount, much bigger than you would think. If you have 2 kids the amount will not increase, it is divided by2. The money is paid to the mother as the trustee of the child.

My wife is 26, we have 2 small children. Our daughter was not actually planned but it was inevitable as we did not take precautions. Things worked out well so Gina wanted another child. I talked to her seriously and after some thought we decided to go ahead. With not too much difficulty she got pregnant again and again we had a good outcome. Our son is now 14 months old, our girl is nearly 3. Gina takes Depo Vera injections now, so no more children planned.

If you partner is younger I don't see how you could deny her if she says she wants kids. For me, that's what life is all about, keeping your partner happy. I lived for many years a rich almost playboy lifestyle,but with a family, I am happier. Financially we do not find it that hard. Maybe later.

• Like 5