Do You Have Children With Your Filipina Partner?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Before my wife and I married we both agreed we wanted one child. We now have two, the latest was not planned (by me) now we can not make more. 

We also agreed if we had children they would be raised in the US.

• Like 1

Removed
Posted
Posted

Just to put in my 2 centavos worth - I was 55 when my wife got pregnant (she was 33), and now we have a 3 year old daughter.  Frankly, I'm glad I waited until now to be her Dada, because I was just not ready mentally or emotionally when I was younger.  We would like to have another child, but are quite content with the one.  Pushing 60 now, I have no regrets as to starting a family.  They enrich my life in ways I could not have imagined.

Of course, each person has their own situation, but that's how it is with me.

Todd P.

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I do like to have children around the place. Two with my Filipina ex and the present lady has a small boy. We have no plans to add to the number but it is up to her.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thinking on the Adoption road here , is it do able or is it a long draw out thing, 

Why am i asking this ,

I found out the other day that Ems sister has her bro in law and his wife helping out in the house sort of thing but its gone sour so they have been told to leave and they are going back to the Provence ,

They have left but have left there child there she is i think 2/3 years of age, but they have took the baby with them,

It seems that they think the older child will have a better  future with the sister rather then with themselves back in the Provence, so they left her, 

Now surely they must have spoken about this and must have agreed some plane too, but does this happen and what are your rights , the child rights and the parents rights, or is this a path that should never be walked

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It seems that they think the older child will have a better future with the sister rather then with themselves back in the Provence, so they left her,

I know a guy who said he could not date a woman because she left her kids to go work OFW - what kind of mother could do that.  I tried to explain to him that he was looking at it from a Western point of view.  Sometimes letting someone else raise your kid is better for the kid (they hope anyway).  People leave their kids in the province and go work in the city.  Some leave the kids in the city (better schools?).  Some go OFW and let a sister/aunt/grandma raise the kids.  They do whatever they have to do - for the family.  I have heard a lot of expats complain about it, but I do understand why they do it sometimes.   :tiphat:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I think its a great idea , but i was just wondering what are the rights if say they leave the child for years

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have heard a lot of expats complain about it, but I do understand why they do it sometimes.  

Unfortunately or Fortunately as the case may be it has been this way for many many years.

For me I never liked our Daughter staying at Lola's during the Week even ( Closer to school) it broke the Family Bond to a degree. You just get all readjusted to family life by Sunday teatime and then Pow off she goes. Holidays were a problem, in that she missed her cousins and we ended up taking her back each day to see them, Pointless her coming here for the Holidays and put all our routines out of course. But and there is always a but I have noticed that those children away from Home and at Aunts or Lola's are better behaved, seem more intelligent and Responsible so maybe there is something in it.  :thumbsup:

The one thing will say however, Is that now she is Home all the time ( now 16) she does appreciate what she has here and after some problems over the last 2 years I personally, am Thankful 

JP :tiphat:

Morning All  :morning1:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So do you in fact have children with your current partner?

What if my current partner still acts like a child?  Does that count?  :hystery:

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

Thinking on the Adoption road here , is it do able or is it a long draw out thing, 

Why am i asking this ,

I found out the other day that Ems sister has her bro in law and his wife helping out in the house sort of thing but its gone sour so they have been told to leave and they are going back to the Provence ,

They have left but have left there child there she is i think 2/3 years of age, but they have took the baby with them,

It seems that they think the older child will have a better  future with the sister rather then with themselves back in the Provence, so they left her, 

Now surely they must have spoken about this and must have agreed some plane too, but does this happen and what are your rights , the child rights and the parents rights, or is this a path that should never be walked

What was the question there Steve? About maybe legal adoption?

I can talk generically, not case to case. These kind of arrangements are common enough, 99% without legaladoption. Because it's an ecomomic thing the rights of the parents and the child are not factored. In a few cases I have seen, everything is out in the open and the child will know the situation. Unless the original parents get a cash windfall, nothing much happens about it.

• Like 1