Cost Of Living

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Being over here in England  and doing the weekly shop you do see prices going up and sometimes they do come down too,

But its all about shopping wise, you dont have to go from shop to shop and town to town to get the best deals too,

Aldi ,  Lidi , Iceland and Framfoods all sell what the other bigger shops sell but cheaper, that means  more money in my pocket,

Yes you may not get the named brand you are use too, but once you try them there is not much difference in the taste i say,

My buget has gone down to a silly price now, all my shopping is way less then £150 a month thats 230 dollars or 10600 peso,

For instance San miguel aldi £1.89 ltr    tesco £2.53 

So what are you bills and do you have to shop everywhere to bring the price down too,

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So what are you bills and do you have to shop everywhere to bring the price down too,

Steve it is the same the world over Up down up down, It matters not, as many of us are fixed Incomes it matters little, what it costs to shop around, Mileage, Gas and all, you never Win. This Cost Comparison is just a Blind to a reality.

We can go round and round in Circles on these things. It is a Boots on the Ground job when you are here, What any of us say Today is not so Tomorrow just like anywhere else.

For me, We buy what we need not what we want, That is the way we keep our costs low. Yes we go for No frills, but so does every one else and then we get the 'No stock Syndrome' so then we are forced back to the Branded

JMHO :tiphat:  

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The dearest thing I buy here are western foods.I will try to get a list with prices together.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

On our last trip to the Phils i was suprized how many folk said they miss this and that from England but did not ask the family to send the goods that they missed,

I would make sure that we would get a box or two each year if there are things that i may miss,

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Back here in the USA midwest I saw regular gas selling for $1.89/gal this morning. That works out to about 24 pesos per liter.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Cost of fuel speaks for itself compared to UK prices I eat the local foods as well

Back here in the USA midwest I saw regular gas selling for $1.89/gal this morning. That works out to about 24 pesos per liter.

In Sweden the fuel TAX is around the same as the cost would be otherwice  = Double price.  I believe the fuel tax is high in many other European countries too,

while to suggest something like that in USA would be political suiside   :mocking:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Cost of fuel speaks for itself compared to UK prices I eat the local foods as well

In Sweden the fuel TAX is around the same as the cost would be otherwice  = Double price.  I believe the fuel tax is high in many other European countries too,

while to suggest something like that in USA would be political suiside   :mocking:

The amount of fuel tax depends on what state you live in. For me the total of federal and state fuel tax is $0.35 per gallon or 35 cents per gallon.

In California it is $0.60 or 60 cents per gallon.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I find almost no difference here in prices in different stores.   We have 3 major grocery chains here and the prices must be set by committee.  One chain has better quality produce, another has better quality meat, and the other has more foreign food, but the prices are so close it is not worth the effort to shop around.  We do get our produce at the wet market because it is better and cheaper than any of the grocers, but even at the wet market all the shops are the same price.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have 3 major grocery chains here and the prices must be set by committee.  

I am sure you are right but to me this cartel type thing should be stopped. The only way any country will bring purchases to a respectable level is by Healthy Competition. Cartels (as we have seen in the oil wars) just keep prices at an artificial level with only one winner. The business owner. But until the DTI here see sense I fear many problems will arise. Even a snail will turn as in Medieval times. People need to feed families.

A one off here:

Spam went up from 99 peso a tin to 125, then to 134 Now Yesterday at on of the larger Shops 145. Azon has not long since rung to say that the other 2 Shops on her route are now all the same all in 3 weeks. YET No one is Giving us or the Filipino any more money to cover this ridiculous and totally unwarranted and I daresay an illegal Hike in prices ( based on the price index indicator for Inflation that was promised by the Administration) This is all bout Greed.

Sunday morning Rant over post-2148-0-62607100-1442107782.png

JP :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1: