Sleep

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey all,

Seeing as some of you just about saved my life when I could not leave the cr for 2 weeks I thought maybe you could help me again.

Since I've been here I have had a very hard time sleeping. I'm talking about 3 or 4 hours most nights. Because of this I have started looking bad. Black circles around my eyes, etc.

I went from 3 or 4 cups of coffee to only 1 a day. I've tried having a drink at night occasionally to no avail.

In the USA I did not have this problem but if I really needed sleep I could take an over the counter pill like Tylenol pm.

Is there anything I can take here? Something over the counter preferably and non addictive.

I really love being here and my wife is amazing but I cannot seem to rid myself of stress with my work, finances, etc. I find myself in bed trying to sleep but thinking of solutions instead.

Thanks!

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Wake up early, exercise, and get your work done early, if possible.  I've suffered the same problem, as I work late at night and have to switch into sleep mode quickly.  I've been looking for a certain herbal medicine called "sleep-tabs" that was referred to me recently, but it's hard to find.  If it's security that worries you, get a dog.  I slept much better when we had a house dog.  I think most expats just drink a few beers, post silly things online, eat some adobo, and pass out.  Works for me.   :)  

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i go to bed about 9 pm. and leave the 3 ladies with the TV but I find this is necessary some nights post-2148-0-77892600-1443083582.jpg  :hystery:

You think I'm kidding, Boy can they chatter. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

Take an anti histamine which will clear your sinus passages and also give you a good night's sleep.

Benadryl 50 mgm, generic name, Diphenhydramine, available at Generics Pharmacy, 1.75 pesos/tab. Don't take in the daytime thy make you quite drowsy. Also good for relief of itching from bites etc. One tablet only.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I turn the air conditioner cooler, take re-hydrating salts if I am getting up to pee a lot, have a satisfying piece of tail er trail mix, and then count sheep to force myself not to think of anything stressful.  That'll give me a good 9 hours usually.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I went from 3 or 4 cups of coffee to only 1 a day. I've tried having a drink at night occasionally to no avail. In the USA I did not have this problem but if I really needed sleep I could take an over the counter pill like Tylenol pm. Is there anything I can take here? Something over the counter preferably and non addictive. I really love being here and my wife is amazing but I cannot seem to rid myself of stress with my work, finances, etc. I find myself in bed trying to sleep but thinking of solutions instead.
Better NOT take anything, because such make you get LESS QUALITY sleep.  Better sleep 4 hours with GOOD quality.

(Now I have moved from my house to an appartment to empty my house, preparing the move to Phils. Now my sleep is disturbed by neighbours, but earlier I didn't need more than 4 hours per night, when I weren't woken up by disturbance or alarm clock.)

Better not drink any coffee at all, RedBull or such, specialy not in the evenings.

So better not take anything - except antistress exersises   :dance:     Doing such exersises proper, REDUCE your SLEEP NEED 2 hours per day, perhaps even more because you are much stressed. Many stressed people say they don't have time to do 20-30 minutes antistress exersises, but that's SHORTER time than the 2 hours they WINN...   :mocking:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have had excellent results with melatonin.  You can find a lot of information using Google and then decide if it is something you would like to try.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I turn the air conditioner cooler, take re-hydrating salts if I am getting up to pee a lot, have a satisfying piece of tail er trail mix, and then count sheep to force myself not to think of anything stressful.  That'll give me a good 9 hours usually.

Tail mix, mixed with multi-position vitamins is a great stress relief.  A smoke after a roll in the hay....I'm good to go.  

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

Seeing as some of you just about saved my life when I could not leave the cr for 2 weeks I thought maybe you could help me again.

I really love being here and my wife is amazing but I cannot seem to rid myself of stress with my work, finances, etc. I find myself in bed trying to sleep but thinking of solutions instead.

Thanks!

Hmm.....perhaps you still have lingering worries that initially brought you the hershey squirts, besides questionable food intake?  Two weeks in the CR may have offset your body chemicals?  Do they have Gatorade there?

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1